Jenson, World champion

Brian Magee

Supporter
Congratulations to Jenson Button the 2009 world champion. Four of the best overtaking manouvers all season - in one race. Well Done!!!

Brian.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Can anyone recommend a good web site to look at F1 stuff, other than the official F1 web site which loads incredibly slowly and is hard to navigate?

Good on Jenson, he deserves it. It has been an interesting season, to say the least.

I hear Flavio is organizing a Soap Box Derby team.....if they'll let him.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Last edited:
Watching paint dry can be gripping stuff. One little patch is slightly thinner and dries a little faster, then another area gets a slight breeze and overtakes the first area. Talk about excitement.
Anyway, well done Jenson.

Dalton

I don't reckon it would be available to watch down under Pete, but there's a race series here called the Ginetta Juniors that is shown on UK TV as a warm up to the BTCC events.
Entry level motorsport - the competitors are in their teens. There is more genuine excitment and dicing between those drivers in a couple of laps than an entire season of F1.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Sid, no we don't get to watch them down here, generally I agree with you F1 has become processional and boring, Sunday's race was IMHO one of the exceptions, with Button laying it all on the line and slicing through the field to win his Championship. Add in the wet qualifying, the numerous offs, the pit-lane fire and Webber's excellent drive and it was quite a weekend.
Dalton I'm ignoring you. Funny though.:thumbsup:

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
For the second year in a row, car number 22, driven by an Englishman and powered by a Mercedes-Benz engine has finished fifth in Brazil to win the world championship – what an amazing list of coincidences,” said the delighted Mercedes motorsport vice president Norbert Haug.

It was a good race.... Jenson did a great job getting though the field.
But then so did Hamilton... i really did feel for Rubens though, i was really hoping he would win his home GP, and to be honest that Jenson would finish out of the points.
It would make for a far more exciting end to the season in Abu Dhabi.

Keith

Watching paint dry can be gripping stuff. One little patch is slightly thinner and dries a little faster, then another area gets a slight breeze and overtakes the first area. Talk about excitement.
Anyway, well done Jenson.

Dalton

Most exciting of all, is not watching paint dry but maintaining a wet edge in warm weather.... gripping stuff.

Back