Kit Car show @ Stoneleigh this weekend

Hi all,
Is the club planning to hold the AGM again on the Sunday?

I'm planning to visit on the Sunday, anyone else going to be there?

Regards

Andy

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Andy

Yes AGM is scheduled for Sunday although I don't have the time the hall is booked

If it's reasonable weather hopefully get a good few cars on display

Ian

I'll be there on the bike!

Simon

(I'll be parked near the '40's, it's a big burgundy beastie so say hello to me...):heart:

Hopefully be there with the 40 if the weather is dry - anybody know if the Oxford services are still open after the fire ???
Anyone up for a breakfast meet and convoy ?

There, you go, it's one of these.

Attachments

• rightfrontside.jpg
    rightfrontside.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 421

Keith

Hopefully be there with the 40 if the weather is dry - anybody know if the Oxford services are still open after the fire ???
Anyone up for a breakfast meet and convoy ?

Hey Paul, I believe they've got a temporary structure up doing basic catering etc and by Oxford, I presume you mean Cherwell Valley?... :)

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Paul, I believe they've got a temporary structure up doing basic catering etc and by Oxford, I presume you mean Cherwell Valley?... :)

And we'll need another structure to eep dry and looking at the weather forecast it looks like we'll need to fit the GT40's with wading snorkels!

But then again they've not been very good at predicting the weather recently! Hell they could not even decide where the wind was going to blow some volcano ash

Ian

Keith

And we'll need another structure to eep dry and looking at the weather forecast it looks like we'll need to fit the GT40's with wading snorkels!

But then again they've not been very good at predicting the weather recently! Hell they could not even decide where the wind was going to blow some volcano ash

Ian

I thought that was what the periscope thingies on the rear deck were for! :laugh:

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'll be there in the RF regardless of what the weather conditions are! This is the one show I wont miss. Will the membership tent be there though? Forgot to renew the club membership as tied up in house moves.

Jerry

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
We'll be there, but unfortunately not in the 40 this time. It has just finished being put back together this afternoon, but no chance to get it MOT'd/test run etc.

I think if I knew it was going to be a lovely sunny day on Sunday I would probably try to sort something, but I have heard it is going to be very wet - especially right down here in Dorset. :-(

Max

will there be club members on stand on monday or have most been today,
Jerry p.m.me your new address as must bring car up some time

Hi all

I went to the kit car show today and had a great time. Despite the weather there was a good turnout of cars and it was great to meet a few owners and have a look round some of the cars. Certainly gave me some inspiration for my build. Here's a few picks from the GT40 stand:

kitcarshow1.jpg

kitcarshow2.jpg

kitcarshow3.jpg

kitcarshow4.jpg

kitcarshow5.jpg

kitcarshow6.jpg

kitcarshow7.jpg

kitcarshow8.jpg

kitcarshow9.jpg

kitcarshow10.jpg

kitcarshow11.jpg

Trev

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Monday was a little busier than usual on the GT40 Enthusiasts club stand at Stoneleigh.
John Snook arrived in his Blue with Orange Gulf striped Tornado TSC GT40 and chatted to many stand visitors.
A Big Block Buick 7.6ltr Tornado TSC GT40 arrived and caused some interest.
We also had a visit from Tiff Needel.
Some came specifically to see GT40s and were a little disappointed. One Guy remarked to me that perhaps the word 'Enthusiasts' should be removed from the club name as not many owners seemed very Enthusiastic.

Attachments

• P1010193.jpg
    P1010193.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 273
  • P1010194.jpg
    P1010194.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 220
  • P1010197.jpg
    P1010197.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 247
  • P1010200.jpg
    P1010200.jpg