KVA fuel tank

Hi guys, I have a part built KVA that I am working on. The fuel tanks have the filler caps at the back of the car, in the engine compartment. I do not like the idea of pouring in petrol either side of a hot engine and so want to turn the tanks around and have the filler caps as per everyone else, up the front. Has anyone done this before? and does anyone have any templates of the filler opening for the front clip?. I would also appreciate any pictures or diagrams of the filler arangements. I do not have the front bit (front wheel arch) yet. Any help would be appreciated. I (hopefully) enclose the pics of the fuel tanks as taken off.
Thanks
Murray

PS. the tank is the nearside (port) one and I want to put it onto the offside (starboard) side.

Attachments

• Fuel tank 001.jpg
    Fuel tank 001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 565
  • Fuel tank 002.jpg
    Fuel tank 002.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
I think it's just great that people like Andy (and others) who RUN these companies take the time to help with problems and queries that owners/builders have, this is such a great site and resource to have. We really are VERY lucky.
Happy new year to everyone.
Simon

Mike Pass

Supporter
My car is a GTD with KVA bodywork. I have attached a couple of pics which show the position of the filler cap on my car. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• KVA fuel capW.jpg
    KVA fuel capW.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 928
  • KVA fuel cap2W.jpg
    KVA fuel cap2W.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 456
Back