kva mk3 build

hi guys...thought i would add some pics from my kva build... the car had sat for 9 years in a very wet barn before i bought it...... the car was so near to being finished but the wet had taken hold and done a lot of damage...... well now the car is with honest john, and he has only had it a week but done so much...will keep on adding pics as i get them from john.....let me no your views on the mk3???????

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 649
  • DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 945
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 866
  • DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 861
James,
Great stuff. There aren't many Mk3's out there and I personally like to see the diversity. Should be a great ride.
Keep the pictures coming.
Martin

just had some bad news.........the block is past saving...... to much water damage.....so on the look out for a 302 block if anyone has one.........more pic

james

Attachments

• DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 832
  • DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 626
James

it the block really that bad? A rebore and a new set of +.030" pistons for a £200 (look at the realsteel website) would get you sorted

Take the block to a competant machine shop and get their opinion, before you start looking for a new block

Regards

Andy

the block went to the shop today, but they said the damage is deeper than .30.........i could sleeve it, but i dont like the idea of doing that....so a new block it is

James
I had to wait for a reply from MDA before posting and here it is. Mark of MDA has some options for you. "I have a 302 Block (used), I have a 351 Cleveland engine rebuilt 400 plus hp £3750 I have a used Pantera 351 Cleveland that needs rebuilding but block is servicable. I have a Quad cam 4.6 late Mustang unit complete at £4000." If you want to contact Mark send an email to [email protected]. he is in Exeter Devon and no I do not get any commission for this :thumbsdown:
Best of luck with the build.
Chris

Hi James, just wanted to assure you that your KVA is in safe hands. John Oxborough did a superb job rebuilding my race E-Type Jaguar. ( Pictures can be seen on ebay if anyone is interested ). John's experience and attention to detail make him the ideal restorer of any exotic / 'different' motor car. eg. he even managed to get my V12 Lamborghini Espada going after a year of non-activity. I thought it had seized!
I must visit John shortly to see the car for myself, hopefully it will look as good as John's car one day!
I wish you well with the rebuild, and can assure you the car could not be in better hands.
Regards, Peter.

thanks peter.... i will probably get told off for promoting john but i totally agree..... i went and saw the car last week and john does not hang around, he has done so much already and his work is too an amazing standard..... i strongly recommend anyone who is looking for a quaility builder who knows his stuff to get in contact with john....let me know if you need his details......

just thought i would add some new pixs .....the engine rebuild is coming on nice....

Attachments

• DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC00025-1.jpg
    DSC00025-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 420
engine looking a bit better than when we first had it..........good work john, more pixs to follow....

Attachments

• DSC00038-1.jpg
    DSC00038-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC00039.jpg
    DSC00039.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC00040.jpg
    DSC00040.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00031.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 496
  • DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00034.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 416
If you intend using 5000 + RPM, fit a set of single/one piece valve spring retainers. Those two piece things are great for grandmas church car, but trouble looking for somewhere to happen when the revs rise.

Hi Jac
I have restored the motor (1969 crate 302) damaged by water ingress due to poor storage,5000+ rpm is not envisaged,Monkeyboys car is MK 3 road car replica.
Constant high rpm is also tough on standard crank/rods/pistons and driving licences.
My own gt40 has a hot motor, I rarely use high revs, goes fast enough for me,31 mph per 1000rpm top gear.
John (honest).

this engine is starting to look sexy......john has just ordered all the bradded pipes today, not cheap, but well worth it..........

Attachments

• DSC00041.jpg
    DSC00041.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC00042.jpg
    DSC00042.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 520
Hi James,
I visited John's yesterday to see the car for myself. It seems to be coming along extemely well. The new braided fuel lines look superb, as does the immaculate engine just waiting to be installed. I am sure you must be pleased, John is making a superb job.
I was also very impressed by the superb workmanship of the aluminium internal bodywork... a credit to the person who put the car together originally. The car has 'aged' well and appears to have a nice patina about it.
I wish you well the the continuing rebuild, and will make regular trips to Johns to see the progress. All the best, Peter.

Who would keep such a car in a wet barn for 9 years! Did it come out to of the barn that clean? Glad it will finally get completed and on the road.

Jim N

Hi Jim

Sadly the car was in really poor state when it was brought to my workshop. I have restored the engine bay alloy panels to attain the finish seen in the pics. This week I have refinished the gear box casing and the rear chassis members. Will post pictures when completed.
I have previously restored cars in worse condition than this. It just takes lots of time, money and hard work.

Cheers

John

Back