KVA on the road...at last

HI all

Well life began for my 40 in 1989, a KVA Mk1 with their last c type chassis. The car was mainly built by professionals over in Norfork whereupon it had a few chassis and suspension modifications, it also received some marvelous ally panel work which makes this car stand out from the norm underneath is sculptured skin. The car had been laid up for 15 years when I purchased it so a small! amount of work was required to finish off this project, anyway 4 years later the car has passed it’s SVA and yesterday it was registered with a 59 plate as a new build vehicle.

So what is the point of this post, patience is a virtue, a single garage is big enough and yes a new car can take 20 years to build

Rich

First of all, congratulations! I'm sure you'll find any number of little bits and bobs that will need fettling until the car is 'done' (if cars of this type can ever be so considered), but making the transition from 'stuff that's just in the bloody way in the garage' to 'four-wheeled mood elevator' is a huge milestone! :thumbsup:

However, this thread is nothing without photos, man! Let us see the fruits of your years of labor!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Richard, and welcome to the community. As Glen says - it would be great to see some pics.

Whereabouts in England are you? Be good to see you & the car in person at meetings/events.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Richard - Such a very long journey!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Richard
May I add my congrats as well. 20 years! mind you don't get sectioned now as I'm sure your grin will make people think you are completely off your trolley

Ron Earp

Admin
Fantastic on getting the car finished and on the road, nice job! Now, it has to be said, this thread is useless without pictures......

Richard Great to hear about another kva on the road and after 20 years ...
well done.
I hope to finish a little bit sooner
But.........pictures ??????
Frank

HI all

Well life began for my 40 in 1989, a KVA Mk1 with their last c type chassis. The car was mainly built by professionals over in Norfork whereupon it had a few chassis and suspension modifications, it also received some marvelous ally panel work which makes this car stand out from the norm underneath is sculptured skin. The car had been laid up for 15 years when I purchased it so a small! amount of work was required to finish off this project, anyway 4 years later the car has passed it’s SVA and yesterday it was registered with a 59 plate as a new build vehicle.

So what is the point of this post, patience is a virtue, a single garage is big enough and yes a new car can take 20 years to build

Rich

First pic more to follow

rsnye-albums-kva-picture590-front-end-ally-work.jpg

Back