Le Mans 2015

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone going to the test day (31st.May) or the race itself (13th/14th June)?
We will be there from 28th May until 1st June and again from 9th. June until endex. Still limping around after recent surgery but improving daily.
Dave

Hi David
You going to be there on the Saturday of the test day (30th May) ? Like to meet up again if possible ? I'll be picking my passes up for the Marshalling on the Saturday, and it would be nice to see you.
Regards
Stephen

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Jack. When will you be coming over next?
Stephen, Absolutely - there will be two of us and we can do lunch in Arnage?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, Lymington is Keith's territory and we are approximately NNW 70 miles (1.5 Hours)
with plenty of space as well. Just say when..............

Hi,going over to Calais late Monday 8th and driving to the circuitTuesday moning staying on the Beausejour campsite in the motorhome untill the Monday after the race. General entrance to circuit and a week campsite fee 130euro, quite a bit less than I spent going to last years Silverstone Classic for three nights.
Regards David

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Dave,
We are similar outbound on the 8th via ferry about midday and a possible night stop
north of Le Mans and then arriving just after breakfast on Tuesday.
We are parked at the entrance to the airport on the right - A merc Sprinter and trailer with the words Racemet on both. We are working on Wednesday and Thursday from about 1500 until midnight and Saturday from 0700 until endex on Sunday. Any other sensible time its beer time.
Dave

Hi David
Great to catch up with you and meet Will. As always, shame we didn't have more time to put the world to rights. Sorry about your steak. We must remember to give that restaurant a wide berth next year. Or maybe not, as I think you did get on with the waitress extremely well. Hope all went well on the test day. At our marshalling post, just after the kink, on the Mulsanne, it pretty much rained all day. Thankfully not too heavy. The cars for this years' 24 hours are fantastic. Looking forward to the race itself. Anyway, hope you and Will got back to blighty safely. I was a bit concerned when I saw the quantity of alcohol purchased for Will's party. Not sure you've got enough !!
Regards
Stephen

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Indeed Stephen. It's a summer of really great parties. The rain was brilliant - like a ray of sunshine. We managed to pack up and securely repark then got on the road and got home a day early. My eldest daughter had a baby on Saturday morning - Allegra Frances Kitty - so it was really great to get here.
We return to Le Mans on Monday iafternoon for the whole week and Friday is relatively clear apart from one meeting - the French Radio Authorities who have been trying to ban me from coming to Le Mans. It seems they are introducing Meteo France and a radar to Le Mans (after their total F-UP in F1)and don't want anything that might just interfere, I've threatened legal action and will not accept hence the meeting on Friday.
The French are a total farce.
Any way, thank you again and the chance of either of us calling on you when we pass by on other journeys is 110%. The same for here - whenever you are over in the UK.

I'm with you Keith......bloody exhausting listening to Alan describe the lap. I was on the edge of my seat too. Great stuff!

Back