Le Mans Classic 2014

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Hammer down!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aF456UIcNkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Great footage. The speed differential between the 40 and the 'slower' cars before the caution flags come out is something to behold.

Mike,

What car was that? What engine? Sounded like a GT40 but didn't look like one. How was he going so much faster than everyone else? He even passed a GT40 quickly. Wow. They must have asked everyone else to drive in first gear...

-Bob Woods

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Looks to me like the Linden Green roadster GT/111. Anyone know who was driving?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Damn

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7dEsD3egAcM?list=UUZlzEwg0WmXPlhTTGbuZ04Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I wouldn't add up to 30lbs? There were several other gt40s that were as fast or even faster. I would say mostly driver skills and comfort level at the track.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Here is a pic of the same car in the Paddock. I think the driver was Andy Newall of Gescoe Motorsport who is a top classic car driver and one of the owners of Gelscoe. Hence the Gelscoe Guys working on the car. The same car was displayed on the Enthusiasts Club stand at the NEC Classic Car Show a few years ago when the rebuild had just been completed.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Linden green open car LM2014.jpg
    Linden green open car LM2014.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 255
Here is a pic of the same car in the Paddock. I think the driver was Andy Newall of Gescoe Motorsport who is a top classic car driver and one of the owners of Gelscoe. Hence the Gelscoe Guys working on the car. The same car was displayed on the Enthusiasts Club stand at the NEC Classic Car Show a few years ago when the rebuild had just been completed.
Cheers
Mike

Mike, according to the timing sheets at the end of the last Plateau, Andy was not driving. I'm sure Andy would not cock up the braking for the 1st chicane!

If that piece of film doesn't make make you want to jump in your 40 and go for an enthusiastic drive nothing will! I loved the clarity of the film, the sound and just watching the driver deal with other troublesome drivers. This showcases what many drviers have to deal with when dealing with all categories of cars at a race.

I'm curious as to why the speedo wasn't working (shame) and while watching the tach it appears he was only using 1/3 of the dial, was he short shifting? Didn't sound like it.

IMHO this film also showcases how hard driving one of these cars can be on the limit or close to it. This driver is constantly sawing at the wheel and really working hard to get "back in the race."

Loved it so many thanks for posting.

Mike, according to the timing sheets at the end of the last Plateau, Andy was not driving. I'm sure Andy would not cock up the braking for the 1st chicane!

It was Pedro at the wheel... but the boy can drive, you want to see him in the T70 in the wet !!.

Andy

Back