LeMans Style Lighting Set-up

Hello,

Where can I get the correct large round headlight w/hardware and marker (blinker) like the LeMans cars had? I attached a photo...

Thanks, Randy

Attachments

• NiceGT40.jpg
    NiceGT40.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 478

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I got a set of these, or something that looks like them at any rate, on eBay from a guy in Lebanon who sells NOS Marchals. They are about that size and take an old-fashioned SEV Marchal type bulb in them. They are going in 1149. Now, what I am going to do about the turn signals, I am not certain yet...

Pathfinder Motorsports

Sponsoring Vendor
I got a set of these, or something that looks like them at any rate, on eBay from a guy in Lebanon who sells NOS Marchals. They are about that size and take an old-fashioned SEV Marchal type bulb in them. They are going in 1149. Now, what I am going to do about the turn signals, I am not certain yet...

Jimbo:

The GT40R from Superformance has the 1075-style Le Mans driving/fog lights as standard equipment. What we're doing is removing the low-beam bulb and replacing it with a colored bulb and then wiring it to the turn signal. Following Jimbo's lead might be a solution for you Randy!

Alan

My car has round Sev Marchal spots and is a replica of 1075 in 69 Le Mans trim. I got them from a Ciroen DS, the ones that turn with the steering, circa 1969/70 I think it was. There are pics of my car that pop up occasionally here, try enthusiasts club section, Le Mans film festival?
Cheers, Kev.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Susquehanna Motorsports has a great selection of lighting, search through their array of headlamp or fog/driving lamnp offerings and I bet you'll find something that works for you.

Susquehanna MotorSports

Randy:
The Le Mans lighting, IMHO, definitely looks better than the small rectangular driving lamp with signal above it. I used a pair of flat headlamp mounts cut out of a ford LTD I found in the boneyard. Just a lucky find as the hood was up. The BMW units work as Ian said, a little cobbling and your are mounted. The larger lamps must be positioned carefully as mine just fit, and I mounted the mounts behind the panel with the lamp just protruding with small access points for adjustment. The front lens cover needs to be removed to change the lamp unless you use an H7 or equivalent and can access the bulb from the rear. Just my 2c.

Julian, thanks for that link, that supplier is about 45 min. from me, and I wasn't aware of them, but they have some nice stuff.

Cheers
Phil

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Randy,

Thanks for posting the pic of one of my customer cars! The lights are Cibie/Valeo and can be purchased through www.europaspares.com They are available with integal turn signal bulbs, also the mounting buckets, trim rings and halogen bulbs.

Cheers

Ian, Do you know the item number?

I like the idea of having the turn signal inside the driving light. I think it's a nice clean look. What modifications would I need to make?

Tom, do you have a close-up photo of your headlight set-up?

Randy.

Back