FS USA Lockheed CP2270 Calipers

Neil

Supporter
I have a pair of original Lockheed CP2270-2 calipers in what looks to be unused condition. One caliper has been very slightly machined for additional wheel clearance. These are not AP Racing aftermarket calipers- they are original and marked as "Lockheed", there are no "AP Racing" markings on either of these calipers. They are sometimes referred to as "4-pot aluminum closed-back calipers". Both calipers contain pistons and one caliper is loaded with unused brake pads; I cannot see any markings on the pads but there may be some visible if the pads are removed. Please see the photos and feel free to ask questions.

The calipers are in Tucson, Arizona USA.

Oops, I guess I should have listed a price. I see that the aftermarket copies are listed as 1356.10 Euros EACH, i think that $1200 USD for the PAIR is a reasonable price (plus shipping & customs).

Attachments

• Lockheed Caliper 1.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 313
  • Lockheed Caliper 2.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 2.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 339
  • Lockheed Caliper 3.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 3.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Lockheed Caliper 4.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 4.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Lockheed Caliper 5.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 5.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Lockheed Caliper 6.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 6.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Lockheed Caliper 7.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 7.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Lockheed Caliper 8.jpg
    Lockheed Caliper 8.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Neil

Supporter
Randy;

Gieffe Racing lists them as 41mm. I have not disassembled these calipers; they are OEM Lockheed.

Neil

Supporter
I have a pair of original Lockheed CP2270-2 calipers in what looks to be unused condition. One caliper has been very slightly machined for additional wheel clearance. These are not AP Racing aftermarket calipers- they are original and marked as "Lockheed", there are no "AP Racing" markings on either of these calipers. They are sometimes referred to as "4-pot aluminum closed-back calipers". Both calipers contain pistons and one caliper is loaded with unused brake pads; I cannot see any markings on the pads but there may be some visible if the pads are removed. Please see the photos and feel free to ask questions.

The calipers are in Tucson, Arizona USA and I am open to offers.

Oops, I guess I should have listed a price. I see that the aftermarket copies are listed as 1007.92 Euros EACH, i think that $1200 USD for the PAIR is a reasonable price (plus shipping & customs).

Attachments

Neil

Supporter
There was a question as to whether these calipers are Left or Right. Actually, they seen to be able to be used as either left or right, depending on which ports have fittings attached and which are plugged. The fittings are currently installed as both left hand calipers. Removing the brake hose fittings from one end of the caliper and transferring them to the opposite end will reverse that caliper to the right side. The port plugs will be need to be transferred too, of course. One end has only one port machined so if it is needed, a port should be drilled & tapped into that side of the caliper.
The flat steel plates bolted to both ends of the aluminum calipers is the way Lockheed reinforced it against flexing. Hawk-eyed viewers may notice that the cut-out is wider on one caliper. One is 1" wide, the other is 1 1/4" wide. to fit wider brake rotors, simply grind the slot to fit.
20240124_134727[1].jpg

20240124_134652[1].jpg

Back