Lola One Off

Re: Hi, any body hit 200mph on the track,?

LOLA (very fast): I would swear this "beauty" nears 200-MPH but was delivered with bad speedo-unit. I have hair that will NOT lay down anymore and bugs on my teeth. That's REAL FAST....

Attachments

• RCR pic outdoors.jpg
    RCR pic outdoors.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,104
  • New Car Me alone.jpg
    New Car Me alone.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter

John, is it a speedo problem or a pickup problem? I'm curious as I have ordered a set of classic instrument guages for my car.

Last edited:

Gregg: Speedo-unit (see photos) was NOT securly attached to bracket upon delivery. Driven 20-minutes and then inspected by myself and Lube-Change guys (lower bay views-6ft under). Guages are a different matter, with Clocks, fuel levels, battery, water etc...ALL seperately dysfunctional..

Attachments

• New Car damaged plug as dragging.jpg
    New Car damaged plug as dragging.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,101
  • New Car damaged Plug showing wear.jpg
    New Car damaged Plug showing wear.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,088
Last edited:
FIRST ROLL-OUT: I ran out of gas at end of my street. So much for new guages.........

Attachments

• New Car first off load.jpg
    New Car first off load.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 872

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
You guys obviously spend that much on your cars that you can't afford to fill the tanks!:lol:

Nice car John.

Cheers

LOLA GOES TO THE TRACK: Today, we (mechanic & helpers) and myself took RCR LOLA to the TRACK for some testing and investigations. See attached pics of warm-up, gas and on-track running. Mechanic (Legends of Rio Grande-UNSER'S RACING GROUP) is driving. Setting brakes, checking engine temps, re-setting speedo (next week), testing tires (after new balance). Carbs will be tuned to 6,000 ft next week.

Attachments

• TRACK Rear side & checker truck.jpg
    TRACK Rear side & checker truck.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 760
  • TRACK under shed filling gas.jpg
    TRACK under shed filling gas.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 750
  • TRACK rolling by at distance.jpg
    TRACK rolling by at distance.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 741
  • TRACK Front-on Checking gauges and setting brakes.jpg
    TRACK Front-on Checking gauges and setting brakes.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 764
PAUL: Would you be interested in a "rental" agreement? We could work something out I'm sure. You are only a State or two away from here. Something like COLLEXIUM would work nicely...Say, $12K for 30-days? ROFLOL....
COLLEXIUM

Attachments

• TRACK Front back double.jpg
    TRACK Front back double.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:
Well... i know you have made some pretty fancy tube frames as well; like in your 917.

Speaking of aluminum tubs, how about that tub version of the 917?

Back