Long time (>10yr) lurker bought CAV GT40! :-)

Hello guys,

I'm pretty sure I've been on this forum, reading, learning and dreaming for the best part of 10 yrs.
Now that I'm officially part of the GT40 family, i thought it might be good to introduce myself.

My name is Jasper, born and raised in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. 35jrs old, family of 4, working as an Engineer in the oil/gas industry.

3yrs ago, I moved to South Africa, and got exposed to a very active and high quality Cobra/GT40 community here, with Backdrafts being built just next to my workplace.
I decided to buy and build a Cobra, which I finished in the last two years. (see pictures below)

Just last week however, I also stumbled across an amazing opportunity that I couldn't miss out on.
I bought a CAV GT40, chassis #22, with a Ford 302 + Audi 5sp transaxle. It is an early CAV from 2003, and has seen better days.

I plan to revitalise and strip/paint the whole car, as well as give the interior a refresh, and convert the engine to EFI (Edelbrock E-street EFI, throttle body injection) This is required for emissions/registration when I import the car back into Holland, but should also improve the drivability of the car.

I already found a wealth of information on this forum, about other CAV owners, and realise there is so much to learn that i'm actually pretty intimidated right now.
Will keep you al updated over the next few months, and might start a build/rebuild thread in the next few weeks.

Kind regards, Jasper

Cobra klaar.jpg
20180105_194229.jpg

Attachments

• 20171028_141255.jpg
    20171028_141255.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 240

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome aboard GT40s.com Jasper!
Please consider opening up a build log thread on your car in our Build Logs forum!

Back