Longest Street Drive in SLC

What's the longest 1 way drive you've taken in your SLC on the street (not race miles)?

Does anyone have a road trip planned with their SLC this year?

I've only gone a couple of miles in mine since my interior wasn't installed. I'm planning on besting that this Spring.

What's the longest 1 way drive you've taken in your SLC on the street (not race miles)?

Does anyone have a road trip planned with their SLC this year?

I've only gone a couple of miles in mine since my interior wasn't installed. I'm planning on besting that this Spring.

I've wondered about that as well. Watching the drag week guys drive their 7 second cars across the country pulling trailers with their race parts and luggage. Is there anything that's been done by anyone to do something similar? I back half trailer would be cool, back in my 3000gt days a guy took a wrecked 3000gt and hacked it up making a trailer out of the back of the car, painted it to match his car and got the same wheels on his car for it, it was a sight to see going down the highway for sure!

I can tell you for a fact that there is going to be a cross country
Coast to Coast 2400mile drive in a diesel SLC
VERY soon.....

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I'm planning to do the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2015, hopefully that will work out.

In my cobra I went from Toronto to Lake George NY, took backroads and it was an 8hr trip.
Cheers Ray

About 20 miles......I get nervous after the time it broke down 1 mile from my property :undecided:

I will be doing 1200km in my gt40 in June my brothers and friends do a motorcycle trip and I go as chase car it is the Thursday to sat of father day weekend all are invited starting from Schomberg ont. That way all are home for Sunday with kids.

that will be some drive, ive done Brisbane to perth a few times and that's just a bit more at 2700 miles, and your bum gets sore I can tell you. good luck and safe trip.

john

Ps at least you havnt got roo's or wombats to hit thank god.would make a nice mess of an SLC.

John,

We have the four hooved equivalent....whitetail deer! :thumbsup: They are as plentiful as roo's and wombats.....

Last year, I drove mine down to the Cresson track, about 100mi. Then had 5 stints on track probably 100mi, then drove back that day. so roughly 300mi. When i got home, I could've done it again if there was daylight...

I did 1700 miles in Australia and thankfully only saw 1 roo and 2 koalas while driving. Both at night, first koala was walking exactly right down the white centerline, the second which i came across 1 minute later was sitting on the same centerline. There was a full size big rig that has just passed the second one and didn't hit it, this gave me hope that the first one would not be road kill in a few seconds from then. Those animals are really smart or really lucky!

"Longest Street Drive in SLC":

I will usually go out on weekends when the weather is nice/dry and put about 60-80 miles on the SLC. The longest outing was about 130 miles out in the country. I do not drive the SLC in normal traffic and luckily the country roads start right outside the rear exit of the neighborhood - only one stop light.

Coast to coast with no fill ups...sealed tanks.....

We will stop as there is no need to drive straight through...this has been on the cards for over a year...just finishing up the car and starting the test runs.

Back