Look for a GT40 project

I think my time as a GT40 owner/builder may have now passed, but inspired by my passion for them, my son in law has now decided he would like to try his hand at building one (assisted by you know who)
He’s asked me to see if there are any (UK based) part completed projects out there that might be a good start for him.
If you have, or know of someone who might have made a start on something and has now stalled, please drop me a PM with the contact details......many thanks in advance.

Simon

We’re still on the lookout. We’ve been to see a couple. One was in very poor condition and the other unrealistically priced in view of the work needed. No mad rush but again, if you’re unable to complete your project or simply need to bail, drop me a PM. thanks again
Simon

One on e-Bay at present....

Build on photos does not look too bad but only a viewing would tell, I think the seller sells bodies as well mainly for Cobra's

I won’t get into why I wouldn’t buy anything from that seller.......

Another good ( and secure ) solution is to order a complete package to some good kit supplier and have her built by serious mecanic
You can choice your options , follow sometimes the built ( experienced crew will ask probably 4/5 months to achieve the built ) and have your own
and bespoke GT on a period of 7/8 months
During winter race mecanics on their own ( say not employee )are keen to do such assembly ; this people know the work and sometime work at home
give them the opportunity to stay more with family

We’re still on the lookout. We’ve been to see a couple. One was in very poor condition and the other unrealistically priced in view of the work needed. No mad rush but again, if you’re unable to complete your project or simply need to bail, drop me a PM. thanks again
Simon
Simon
reading again your post I didn't understood that you and son in law where able to" achieve " an in going project ... Apologise for this missunderstanding
My previous post confirm in fact what you experienced in visiting some projetc with "pricy" figures ; some builders since the "film" may think that they built something in the mood and are not able to evaluate simply the real figure of their own built ( or sometime may be under "Mss minister of finance" pressure increase the prices to show her that is unsale ?)

The following post was only because 2 year ago I had someone asking for similar unfinished project and following the advise ; he is now happy with a working car matching to his previous budget

I’m pretty sure that even in the UK, the amount of unfinished GT40 kits may very well run into the 100’s. It’s possible to find an unfinished KVA kit popping up from time to time and they stopped making them 25-30+ years ago! The amount of part completed Tornados and GTD’s must be substantial (no slight on the kits, just an underestimation of the commitment/money needed by the purchasers)..

Reactions: Mic
I’m pretty sure that even in the UK, the amount of unfinished GT40 kits may very well run into the 100’s. It’s possible to find an unfinished KVA kit popping up from time to time and they stopped making them 25-30+ years ago! The amount of part completed Tornados and GTD’s must be substantial (no slight on the kits, just an underestimation of the commitment/money needed by the purchasers)..

++++ 1 Yes

We’re still on the look out for a part completed car or alternatively something that hasn’t been used for a while and needs sorting (and I know there are a few of those about!) am in the UK but would consider something in Europe. Please drop me a PM.
Thank you.
Simon

Thanks Nick, yes we’ve already spoken to Mike about it. Looks a fabulous project, but we’re hoping to find something a bit more advanced.
Simon

Back