Looking for Feedback on CAV

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
An ERA will only be available as a resale car, they are currently not building GTs.

The CAV is very nice car and has had many improvements over the build life, the newer, the better. They have changed many of the original dimensions to increase interior room, etc.

The Superformance is a "GT40" and the upside is it has all of the virtues of the original car. The downside is it has some of the original vices!

I would venture the best choice would be dependent upon your expectations and what you intend to use the car for. We would be happy to discuss the pluses and minuses of all of these cars. We are familiar with all of them and there is not a "bad one" in the bunch, just different answers for different questions.

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
I'd agree with Rick, these can all be good choices that have different features that appeal to slightly different tastes and expectations. My suggestion would be to actually see a CAV, Superformance, RCR, Bailey, ERA etc., talk to the owners and if possible drive and/or ride in one. That can help refine what you're looking for in one of these cars. They definitely are not for everybody and taking some time to determine what you're looking for will save you untold grief down the road.
Besides the chassis, the builder and spec (engine, trans, etc.) selection are very important in an owner's ultimate satisfaction. You can have a miserable experience with a poor quality build or purchasing a used unit that is beset with problems regardless of the chassis brand.
Fortunately, you're in a location that will allow you to contact interested dealers, members of the forum and other owners to see for yourself.

Last edited:
Tom,
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good info to be had here. I am still looking for the "right" car for me. Take your time and ask questions. Take Veeks advice and not only look at the different cars, but try to get a ride in them also. There are pros and cons to every car. In time you will find the car for you.

Walt Williams

Back