Lots of questions on brake line config

I've just spent a lot of time trying to piece this together and my mind is going to mush.

The factory has changed the routing of the brake lines so mine is different than what I'm used to seeing. Mine are on the outside of the foot box. I also pieced together the Tilton pedals but I'm not sure I got that right either. So here's my barrage of questions:

Is there a recommend thread lock on the hydraulic fittings for brakes and clutch?

Do the 90 degree fittings go on the back of the master cylinders? (see pic below)

Does the larger diameter master cylinder get used for the clutch?

Does it matter what size reservoir I use? I'm assuming use the smaller one so I use less fluid.

Should I expect to have to shorten the threaded rods on the brake master cylinder? The brake pedal is much farther forward than the gas pedal, and the gas pedal is against the stop. I know I have to shorten the clutch rod. But I don't want to go shortening anything before I know I have them in the correct location.

I noticed in Allens video on the brake lines, at the rear brakes he had an L bracket on the end of the rigid stainless tubing and used a pass through fitting for the rear stainless steel brake line to attach to. Is this recommended/necessary? Is that what the 2 pass through fittings (that came with the kit) are for? Because the braided stainless line fits the end of the rigid stainless line.

See the picture below. I'm not sure if I got this right. I think I need another fitting entering the blue valve. The L shaped fitting isn't quite the right threads.

If this is correct, I'll need to buy another stainless line. These are the only two that came with the kit and I don't have anything to connect the other brake like. Or clutch line for that matter. What are the lines called and what are the sizes of the ends? And where's the best place to buy them?

2015-06-0701.jpg

After looking at this I get the feeling that the flex limes are only for the pedals, and I need to buy hard lines to make the connection from the pressure switch to the pass through fitting in the passenger footbox. But I'm done worrying about it for tonight.

A.J.

Back