Lowering the seat pan in an SPF?

Hi!

Does anyone have any details about this, a few photos, brief description of how it is done?

I could do with a tad more head clearance.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Markus,
No. It seems to me that there is already not much foam in there. Do you suggest to go that way first?

I guess that is a job for an upholsterer.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
I will take pics from my seat - cutting away from the seat might not be ideal but much easier than lowering the seat pan - depending on how much "clearance" you need.

I will take pics from my seat - cutting away from the seat might not be ideal but much easier than lowering the seat pan - depending on how much "clearance" you need.

I am sort of ok right now but an inch or so more would be nice. Also to get my knees some more under the dash.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Here some pics as reference - my seats have been trimmed, but I can't say/remember by how much.....
20230505_203103.jpg20230505_203117.jpg20230505_203140.jpg20230505_203147.jpg20230505_203153.jpg

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter

Yes, indeed, and what you could do is insert a section of harder foam after you have cut out what you need to fine tune the new height and avoid sinking onto the floor.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Hi!

Does anyone have any details about this, a few photos, brief description of how it is done?

I could do with a tad more head clearance.

Thanks,

Dan

My seat has been shaved down about as far as possible. Only a helmet clearance issue for me as I have room day to day driving. The front edge of the seat when shaved down can help knee clearance by flattening out your hip/leg angle a bit. If possible keep the seat back as thick as possible as when shaving moves your head position further back of the Gurney bubble if you have one.

Back