LS and Transaxle mating guide?

I thought rebuilding the LS would be a snap, but there's always little things that slow you down (when you're not a pro). I'm getting close to mating my G96 transaxle, but not having done it before, I don't have a lot of confidence that it will be a breeze. I realize there's tons of engine/trans combos making it hard to have "instructions" but are there any good general guides/best practices out there? Does the SLC manual come with basic information on this? Didn't see anything on the wiki.

Trying not to figure it out as I go.

Sorry can't offer any personal experience there. But this thread might be worth a read if you're mix matching an RCR adapter with a Kennedy flywheel.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/slc-clubhouse/44297-pilot-bearing-engagment-issue-porsche-boxes.html

Anything helps...Thanks. I think both my adapter plate and flywheel came from RCR. Whats funny is I actually looked through that linked thread of yours and realized how much I didn't know about mating the gearbox and is in part why I posted this.

Last edited:
I just read in your other thread that you're using the LS-1. Welcome to the sensible LS club! population 3 :laugh:

I don't know what your trans adapter looks like but if it looks anything like the G50 adapter you're going to want to do 1 of 2 things. a) get an LS-2+ rear main seal plate or b)clearance the back of the adapter to clear those bolts. I went with option b it was less painful. The LS-2 up plates counter sink those bolts a bit so it's not an issue.

Attachments

• plate.JPG
    plate.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 136
Back