M6 GTR NASA Competition Coupe

We're building an M6 GTR for NASA Homologation right now. It's taking shape. NASA is working with us and I hope to have them sign off on it at the Run Offs. We'll have a display there. We're offering the "NASA Competition Coupe Package" for all of our cars. It includes ATL Fuel Cells, FIA Seating, and a Fire System, along with the Competition Roll Cage. I must say I'm pretty excited about it.
Chris
GT Reproductions: The Thrill is Real!

Attachments

• M6 GTR CompCoupes.jpg
    M6 GTR CompCoupes.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 724

Ron Earp

Admin
Cool car!

Just be careful with NASA and realize it is a business franchise, not a club. Each region is a separate entity for the most part and what one does and offers is not always the case across the board.

Spec classes come and go in NASA like the passing of days. Spec Focus, Spec Mini, Spec, Honda Challenge (this one on the skids East of the MS), and others are all classes created in the NASA franchise that took flight and are now extinct. Rules stability is not one of the features of NASA.

Hi Chris,looking good.I hope all goes well with the Homologatio.I am just about to start my own build as have just about gathered all the major parts.What size wheels are you running?I am using 18" with Michelin slicks.Do you have moulds for all your body parts as I am missing the the 2 side pod ends with scoops,can you help?My body is from the original UK moulds.Cheers Leon

Thanks for the heads up Ron,
So far I'm impressed with NASA. I know the specs classes come and go I've noticed that. They're just going to plug these into Super Touring, we're not going to have an actual spec class. It should be fairly stable. By the way what are you doing with your Lola?
Leon,
We have the side pod scoops. Let me know. Our cars are actually set up for the 18" DP rear tire but we have a set of 17"s on this one and they fit nice. The good tires are really in the 18" sizes.
Chris
GT Reproductions: The Thrill is Real!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Getting homologation by NASA is one step and it will make it easier to gain homologation by the others. Until this year (2008) The SCCA did not recognize anything that NASA did in an official capacity. 2008 saw the SCCA recognize NASA driver credentials for the very first time on a Regional basis for wheel to wheel competition. Slowly the big old bear moves and makes room for the porcupine...

Steady as she goes Chris... If you keep that cage and chassis so she'll hold to the GT Competition rules - you'll do something that I don't believe that any of the manufacturers have done...

Hold your course.

Thanks for that note Big Foot. I am going to stay my course. I've learned in my old age that focusing and driving it home works a lot better than becoming all things to all people. I really believe in the race car. I think there's a nice little market for this. We'll see.
Chris
www.gtreproduction.com

We got our approval from NASA last week. Our cars are recognized for competition. NASA is a neat organization. I want to thank Dave Bongiovanni for working diligently with me getting the cage to spec. I'm happy, he's happy life is good.
Chris
GT Reproductions:

Attachments

• M6GTlf2lr.jpg
    M6GTlf2lr.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 546
  • M6GTside2lr.jpg
    M6GTside2lr.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 488
Thanks for all the encouraging comments it sure feels good. This has been a lot of work getting to this point. The momentum is building, now to keep that going.

Dave,
Here's the E_Mail I got from Greg Greenbaum of NASA. As far as I understand it, we should be eligible for both. Right now we're focused on ST but SU is sure interesting.

Hi Chris,

I am going to approve the Active Power GTR models (GTR MKI, GTR 2D, GTR 70, M6 GTR) for ST (Super Touring) with a -0.75 modification factor. This will show in the '09 Rules, and I have added it to the NASAForums ST/SU forum under Provisional Classifications.

Thanks,
Greg Greenbaum
NASA National TT, PT, ST Director

Back