Mark Webber´s next workhorse

Keith

2 litre turbocharged V4 gasoline. (Hybrid naturally)

Note that they haven't gone the diesel route (as per Audi) very interesting.

The last V4 I drove was in the mid '70's courtesy of a Ford |Transit van. It ran fine but looked tiny.

I think Saab may also have had a V4, but perhaps that was a Ford too.

Very angular. And kinda looks like and angry beetle (the insect, not the car).

The lines are difficult to pick out because of the paint scheme, but it seems to lack the typical grace I would expect from Porsche. Hope they do well with it. I'm a Porsche guy at heart, and a fan of Weber.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The huge vertical stabilizer makes it very ugly (understatement).

I also thought they were banning them as when the car gets tagged sideways at speed the wind resistance on the wing can cause the car to flip.

Like this
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfdRTQEiyw[/ame]

The two left tyres become airborne die to the wind resistance of the vertical fin
Ian

Last edited:
Ian, Not quite.

The car in the video was backwards when it became airborne and nothing much will change that. The large fin is designed to disrupt the airflow over a sideways car at speed, which it does very well. Without the fin the top of he car resembles an aero foil which lifts the car from the ground.

The fin has been quite successful, though its not a cure all.

2 litre turbocharged V4 gasoline. (Hybrid naturally)

Note that they haven't gone the diesel route (as per Audi) very interesting.

Not to my mind Keith. Despite them both being part of the same automotive group, the only skin in the diesel game that Porsche really have is the SUVs. I think they will use this as a development platform to at some point flow down to the road cars. Also, with EU6 and beyond, it is going to become harder and harder (read cost of technology) for diesels to meet emissions standards.

I also think that there are different fuel tank rules as wellfor the diesel and petrol varieties?

Back