Mast Air Flow Sensor

Background, I have a GM crate engine and their wiring harness. I when to plug in the MAF sensor and the wiring connector has a different plug. The plug is too big for the sensor. Another quality issues. Has anyone had this issue and if so can you tell me what MAF sensor I should use. These issues never seem to end!!

Tony, I have an LS7 crate engine in my SLC. The wiring harness came with a short adapter cable to convert from the connector on the harness to the one on the sensor. Call GM performance if you did not get this part, they are helpful.

The MAF sensor that goes into the intake tube. The part on the box is correct 1586791 but the sensor is wrong. I talked to JEGS and they had me contact the GM performance people. The sensor number for the correct part is AFH70M-43A. The one they sent me is AFH70M-38. GM performance told me to go a dealership for a replacement but since I didn't purchase it from them they won't exchange. Another $70 dollars for an issue I didn't cause!

Pissed off in Michigan

fyi the dealership should have done an over the counter warranty. My last GMPP wiring harness was wired incorrectly (did not turn off when switch 12v went off). I didn't want to deal with the cross-border exchange again (bought from Pace Performance) so I contacted GM performance and they said any dealer in any country can do the warranty. Went to a dealer, of course they denied it, I had them call GM performance and eventually they accepted they could warranty & replace it like any other GM OEM part, even though I bought it from a US-based online retailer.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
fyi the dealership should have done an over the counter warranty. My last GMPP wiring harness was wired incorrectly (did not turn off when switch 12v went off). I didn't want to deal with the cross-border exchange again (bought from Pace Performance) so I contacted GM performance and they said any dealer in any country can do the warranty. Went to a dealer, of course they denied it, I had them call GM performance and eventually they accepted they could warranty & replace it like any other GM OEM part, even though I bought it from a US-based online retailer.

That's a great fact to know Alex. Thanks for sharing that info.:thumbsup:

Back