Melson GT40 - Buy it Now for $75k!

Errr... OK spec, 12 month warranty, but IMHO butt ugly - just think what you could get for the same money.

Ebay GT40 pastiche

e0_1_s.JPG

Cheers

Rob

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I don't mean to be picky, but isn't there something wrong with the way this car looks? It seems like it's too long for its' height or something, it doesn't look right. Maybe it's the way the pictures were taken. Who is Melson Motorsports LTD?

Jim:

I was thinking the same thing.

The first thing I noticed was the headlight plixi, it's the wrong shape, indicating that the nose contour is wrong too.

I went to the site and looked at the other pictures, and several things look wrong. It looks like a cross between a MkI, a MkIII, and a new Ford GT. Not even using the good details of each. Could this be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif a Fiero based car?

I'll own a GT40 someday, but it sure as shootin' won't be a "Melvin".

Melson bought the moulds, jigs, etc off T-3. I think T-3 have now seen the light and now build Roaring Forties GT40s to order.

Old T3 GT40

t3gt40.jpg

Cheers

Rob

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Went to the T-3 website. They are advertising that they will build a Roaring Forties GT40 for people now. I didn't see a mention of the Melson (pictured in this thread) and that they developed and sold to Melson.

They must be getting them though Hershal?

Regards,
Lynn

Lynn

When I last spoke with Randy Treadwell (T-3) he was a new
dealer for B&B Cobras....I'm not sure he has any formal
RF40 connections....but he'll build whatever you want
to pay him for.

As for the Melson car...my advice to Randy was to buy
new molds that were more authentic...but IMHO he saw the
writing on the wall and sold out. These will be a tough
sell for Melson as is. It's a shame since I think the
concept had merit...but the execution fell short.

MikeD

Back