Member Info in Posts

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Ron,

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any way that the software can display "Location" and "GT40 Type" in the info under the avatar ? This may be more relevant than Rep Power & number of posts ?

So much info is uniquely relevant to US / UK / Oz / SA, etc, and also to the replica type. I am guessing here, but maybe we would get more responses to questions if it was immediately obvious as to where the enquirer was located & what type of replica he has ?

Just a thought !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Last edited:

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Peter, that seems like a good idea to me. As you suggest, location and type is relevant for many reasons - technical, parts availability, logistics, etc....

Ron Earp

Admin
Under repair gents, probably end of the week the forum will have final cosmetic form. I plan to display location but that is probably it out of the ones you suggest. You guys can put Type in your sig if you like. If I figure out a way to empty the type field and make you guys start all over with a 10 character limit I'll do that, but right now the Type data fields are buggered from our ubbThreads conversion last year.

Number of posts is a default display and I feel quite useful from an admin standpoint. Rep power will stay with the reputation system.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I, too, like location listed in the member info section. I've made quite a few friends on the forum by sending people who live near me a PM introducing myself. Without that location information, there's no way.

Thanks, Ron--you are always responsive to the suggestions we members make. I think it's one of the main reasons the membership continues to build!

Doug

Back