Mg Tf ?

I may be involved in an interesting transaction involving a 2004 MG TF with 6000 miles. Would anyone know the particular value of such a collateral? Any insight would be welcomed.

Theon

Depends on which model, 160 is quite a tool. We strip them to use the parts for a car we build.

Ballpark 7-9k maybe cheaper at Auction, 160 maybe more.

Cheers

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Let me be the one to sound dumb, but what is a 2004 MG Tf. I have worked on many Tfs over the years and I can't recall, but think the newest one was somewhere around 1954...not 2004. Is it a replica?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Heres' one...

Attachments

• mg_tf.jpg
    mg_tf.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 331

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks, I guess BMW figures there is money in the classic names. They have been really successful, it appears, with the Mini. The Mini does look more like the original than this looks like it's namesake.

The picture Fran sent is the car, now that we know which one it is does anyone have an idea on value? Thanks. Of course I will have to sell this car and use the assets towards a RCR or another 40. :)

Theon Karabatsos

I did give you a ballpark figure under your post :rolleyes:

Heres what the parkers guide states for a 2004/54 MGTF 160, 20,000 Miles

Original Price £20,377
Franchised Dealer £8,450
Independent Dealer £8,095
Private Good £7,740
Private Poor £6,320
Part Exchange £7,170

You will get a bit more for the mileage, but if its not the 1.8 VVC 160 engine, you need to knock a bit off etc. If its a special like a Sprint, Sunstorm or Anniversary again add a bit on.

Back