MK3

Why? The Mk-III was not a good looking car. The glass side windows should be hard to reproduce (compared to the MK-I). The total production if my memory does not fail is around 6 or 7 cars

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Why? The Mk-III was not a good looking car.

I wouldn't say that. It may not be your choice, but it is a unique and beatiful car to others.... A lot of people don't like the MKIV, but I think it's as good as it gets, which is why I went with that car. Point is, we all have our vision for what is sexy, and like wives and girlfriends, they are all hot to someone.

Paul, go with what you love and don't look back.

I don't think that anyone is doing the MKIIIs. You could probably find a part or full built one in the UK as not many made it to the U.S. that I've seen anyway.

I wouldn't say that. It may not be your choice, but it is a unique and beatiful car to others.... A lot of people don't like the MKIV, but I think it's as good as it gets, which is why I went with that car. Point is, we all have our vision for what is sexy, and like wives and girlfriends, they are all hot to someone.

Paul, go with what you love and don't look back.

You are right must people do not like MK IV , We purchased J-10 around 16 years ago and Mr. Holden loves the looks of it and the wheels. My choice is still the MK-I. Since no body makes a replica of the MK-III, I can assume there is no demand for it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Its funny how we look at things. In 1964 I was 14 and I thought the "Ford GT" was as cool as it got. I remember seening them at Le Mans on the Wide World of Sports, it was love at first sight. These were the early MKI nose's. I did not care too much for the rear end, as it seemed short and almost an afterthought.

Later I remember seeing an issue in Playboy when the MKIII came out and I thought it was the best! I very much liked the longer rear end, it seemed the porportions were better. I though that a MKI with a MKIII rear might be best.

Then in 1967, I saw the MKIV at Sebring (between the wrist wrestling champianships) and it was so modern, compared to the others, but more like a full race car.

Now all these years later with a MKI in the garage for a few years the whole desingn enchants me and I just love the rear!

My point is....................I love them all!

I saw my first Ford GT at Sebring in 1970. JW Automotive had changed to the 917 and Ferrari were running the 512. Two GT40 MK-I had qualified 20 and 26 and both were DNF. Steve McQueen finish second on a 908 with a leg in casting. They were fun time.

Hi,

I agree the MK III was not the best looking car at all, but :)
Combine a MKIII Front ( which I find very nice ) and a MKII rear ...and Voila....it looks nice....This is all based on a GTD Frame and will be my next project for 2011-2012 :)

cheers
skeleton

Attachments

• BILD0293.jpg
    BILD0293.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 847
  • BILD0283.jpg
    BILD0283.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 815
If it's a Mk3 body you are after to go on to one of the replica kits then i have a couple of customers at the moment who are changing their KVA Mk3 bodies for my Mk1 parts.

I guess therefore that these customers would be prepared to sell the Mk3 parts on if you were interested.

D.

Great looking car skeleton. It never even dawned on me to combine the two models together. Very cool. Where did you find the front clip?

Great looking car skeleton. It never even dawned on me to combine the two models together. Very cool. Where did you find the front clip?

Hi Paul,
got the parts from a guy in England ... :) Look at the pic and you see him....his first name is Andrew :)

Yes as said, when Andrew and myself started talking about a possible purchase of the parts he told me the combination and I was very skeptical how it would look....but I wanted a GTD frame for my second GT40 ....so we negotiated a fair price and after hooking it on the trailer I recognized how great it looks.....I am really looking forward to start the build but first the tornado needs some finish work, painting and interior is still to do ....And the whole harness for my Cobra needs to be replaced to have it ready to run for next year.....a lot of work :)

Cheers
skeleton

My customer has sent me pictures of the Mk3 panels he has and is replacing with my Mk1 panels.

I think he intends to get them out in the garden over the weekend and take some more.

D.

Attachments

• mk3_panels_11.11.10_001.jpg
    mk3_panels_11.11.10_001.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 408
  • mk3_panels_11.11.10_002.jpg
    mk3_panels_11.11.10_002.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 389
  • mk3_panels_11.11.10_003.jpg
    mk3_panels_11.11.10_003.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 401
  • mk3_panels_11.11.10_004.jpg