My new GTII

I still can't wipe the smile off my face....

Attachments

• IMGP1410a.jpg
    IMGP1410a.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 762
  • IMGP1416a.jpg
    IMGP1416a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 716
  • IMGP1421a.jpg
    IMGP1421a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 707
  • IMGP1428a.jpg
    IMGP1428a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 718
  • IMGP1433a.jpg
    IMGP1433a.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 751
That's fabulous, congrats.

I must admit that the more examples of MKII's I see, the more the shape grows on me. I particularly like the lines of the front clip with the raised wheel arches. As with the ladies, the more curves the better ;)

Hey, great car! I don't know where you are in DE, but there is a standing Saturday morning meet (8 a.m.) at Starbucks in Dilworthtown (near West Chester, PA). It draws all types, Ferraris, Porsches, Lotus, Nobles, BMWs, Vipers, Cobras, anybody looking for an excuse to take their car out for a spin. Right now the reigning drool car is a F430 Challenge Stradale. I would venture to say we would need a new mop if you came by. Even in the cold we usually still get 10-12 guys. Good days in the Spring/Summer usually 20+. It started out as a 6Speedonline thing, then got popular on f-chat, now it is a word of mouth gathering that has its' own life. Often there is a drive afterwards, but for guys like me who always run around on Summer rubber, a pass is usually in order on the spirited abuse of the local roads. Again, beatiful car!

litumup,

Very nice package. Shows very well.

Would be nice to learn some more information regarding delivery. Would you care to share what dealer you used, and the plans for the engine/trans?

With so many other forum members having issues with taking delivery or having issues with getting the engine and trans parts to complete the package, it would be interesting to hear what your experience was to get your car to the point it is now.

Thank you for posting the pictures above, and hoping for more pictures and information on your 40 regarding the running gear and history of your delivery of the car to you.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
litumup,

Fellow SPF MK11 here (P2125)

Your car looks great BUT, how about some details as requested above.

ps...best to put in the Superformance Forum
pps seperate pic of mounted tires look like my Porsche tires but, pic of your car has wheels shod in BF's...What's story on those?

Give us some details (eg see my post in SPF section with history and detailed shots)

Again "sharp car"

Steve P2125 (with FE power)

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
litemup (alias Mike),

Just noticed another of your posts regarding seating and note that your dealer is Dynamic...you are Mike, wheels and tires are 17" and that you had Dynamic "modify" the seat for your 6'2" ht...

Do you have it home, driving it, engine, pics of modified seat, ect.

Steve C ....P2125

Sorry for the delayed response. I was just out to Dynamic Motorsports in Ohio to drive the car. They're a top rate organization. It's a SPF MKII. I ordered it in May with a 750cfm 427 (351 Windsor). Eric at Performance Engineering www.perfengr.cc built the engine and did the drivetrain install...an RBT....that I also ordered in May The output on the dyno is 560hp and 525lb-ft. I expect delivery in a few weeks. I chose 17" wheels that had just returned from the paint shop that's why it has the 15" (spares) in the pictures.

Dave, thanks for the invite....l don't live too far, but I don't think I'll drive it in the salt, so maybe in Spring.
Steve, they are addressing the seat. They are going to remove some padding and are looking into memory foam as an adjunct to the seat foam.
As others have mentioned, it's important to order the drivetrain components early, as they sometimes take a bit to arrive.
The tires are Goodyear Eagle F1's 315/35/17 215/45/17....the 315's are particularly difficult to source thanks to those Porsche drivers.
Michael

Last edited:
Back