My SL-Razor has arrived...

All I can say is... F*** ME, THIS THING IS FAST!!! Between Fran Hall's kickass SLR chassis/Razor body, and Dan Avicola at Nirvana Motorsport assembling this beast, this thing is EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMED ABOUT AND MORE!!! Im currently loading up photos in the photobucket account, so pics and details will be coming shortly.

<----------ANOTHER RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY RCR CUSTOMER!!!!!!!

In the trailer, at 0540 this morning.
SLRazorArrival001.jpg

For those wondering about the tunnel of air... The battery is here and there is also an aluminum plate behind the battery. The only air I really get is from the sides and a bit from the front.
SLRazorArrival007.jpg

Kind of a cool pic
SLRazorArrival014.jpg

The Garage
SLRazorArrival031.jpg

Side pic for ya
SLRazorArrival040.jpg

DigiDash
SLRazorArrival044.jpg

Had to go get the mail... on a Sunday... Yup! Its that awesome!!!
SLRazorArrival046.jpg

HUGE THANKS TO FRAN HALL, THE RCR CREW, AND DAN AVICOLA w/ NIRVANA MOTORSPORT FOR MAKING A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Justin! Looks absolutely gorgeous - I bet it gets more looks than a super-model :thumbsup:.
You better get some driving videos on YouTube soon!

...the next time I'm in Vegas I'm going accompany you with the mail, it's a scary world.

Looks great Justin. Take your time getting used to it.

Definitely!!! Im going to start with some autocross events and eventually do some track days with it. Of course, cruising around Lake Meade or up in the mountains will always be good times.

Hows your 3 Rotor coming along???

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Your SL-R must be street legal. Did Fran offer a street kit or did you have it done by a 3rd party? I can see one of these being a hoot on the street! I have a Honda Accord with a VTEC V-6 and an automatic tranny, I think it would just scream in a lightweight product like Fran's SL-R :thumbsup: !!

Cheers from Doug!!

Definitely!!! Im going to start with some autocross events and eventually do some track days with it. Of course, cruising around Lake Meade or up in the mountains will always be good times.
Come on up to NorCal for a track day when you get that rocket figured out. Infineon is one of, if not the best tracks up here and I'd love to see what that thing can do around there. Tell you what, we'll trade GoKarts for the day ;)
Hows your 3 Rotor coming along???
Haven't touched it in a few weeks unfortunately. Blew the motor on my mill making parts for the car and now I'm all geeked out on upgrading the mill.
BEWARE of CNCzone.com is all I can say.

Btw, them's some real nice toys you's got's in that thar garage :)

Thanks Dave (and everyone else)! :thumbsup:

Im signed up with speedventures.com for trackdays down here in the southwest. I see that they have one out at Laguna Seca (!) and Im going to try and make that one. Either way, Ill be up that way sometime this summer, whether road tripping or participating in trackdays.

Ill be driving up to Oregon in the next week or so (hopefully...) to get my car licensed. (Im military and Id rather spend the money I save from sales tax in Nevada, on a trip to Oregon-where there isnt one!)

More pics and eventually, some videos, in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned!

Doug,
The SLR comes with a lighting kit and is able to street legal in any state....including California....obviously... wink.

I had the impression that CA had a windshield (Fran: "windscreen") requirement, but I saw someone driving an Atom driving around once, and now the SLR as pictured (Fran: "photographed") does not have one.

So, my question is: Does anyone know what the WS requirement is in CA?

Thanks.

Im signed up with speedventures.com for trackdays down here in the southwest. I see that they have one out at Laguna Seca (!) and Im going to try and make that one. Either way, Ill be up that way sometime this summer, whether road tripping or participating in trackdays.
Shoot me a message when/if you do make that event. My good 'ol Mom lives 5 minutes down Hwy 68 from Laguna and she doesn't care what gets me to come down there and visit.

I had the impression that CA had a windshield (Fran: "windscreen") requirement, but I saw someone driving an Atom driving around once, and now the SLR as pictured (Fran: "photographed") does not have one.

So, my question is: Does anyone know what the WS requirement is in CA?

Thanks.

Ill be installing the windscreen onto mine. Its a small 4" tall piece (at least thats the way it looks in the pics) that spans the hood. Ill post pics as soon as I get it. :thumbsup:

Not that I know anything about the SL-R except that I hope to build one or it's next iteration someday after I finish SL-C but I'm wondering about the steering geometry in this photo:
RCR Superlite Razor :: SLRazorArrival008.jpg picture by ViperJustin - Photobucket

Particularly interested in the steering link at the upright. Wondering if it should be mounted at the top of the upright instead of where it is located in the pic. Seems like it would be more parellel to the control arm to eliminate bumpsteer in the alternate postion or was it designed like that and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Just curious because my SL-C was delivered in the same manner but Fran said that was for shipping purposes and to locate it where I thought it should go.

Back