• ClearNacaFull.jpg
    ClearNacaFull.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 502
  • vents.jpg
    vents.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Chris

Thanks I have ordered four helicopter vents - two spare and two scoops. The two scoops came from a performance plastic Perspex company in the UK.

The scoops cost £30 and the postage £38..??.

Great Train robbery,,,

Thanks for the leads on the helicopter vents.

Did you find this place?

Accessories --- Plastics 4 Performance - Polycarbonate motorsport windows, mudflaps and accessories

They have other clear scoops / profiles if the NACA scoops aren't effective...

UK shipping annoys me. I paid $510 to get a 100kg crate with my transmission (inc insurance) from the UK to Perth in 48hrs on DHL, and paid $160 postage to get two new Triumph window rubbers - maybe 8kgs - by Royal Mail, and they took 11 days! And they both came from the same area of the UK...

Troy

Yes I am not sure what the situation is here as I did buy just two of the Perspex scoops on the first window add. The two would weigh less than a DVD.

The postage at nearly £40 surprised me. Pity I did have an order for 80 people as I could have flown business class and carried them at 3 kilos total!!!

To be honest it just put me off from buying anything there unless I am stuck.

Four helicopter vents that weight the same came in from the USA at exactly 1/20th of the postage cost all boxed and in a vinyl bag. Cheap also from Spruce.

Anyway sounds like I may have the vent scoops in the next month or so.

My winge.... Winging Aussie.

Thanks for the leads.

Bernie

Yes, sadly posatge is a rip-off in the UK. My sister-in-law lives in Sydney and whenever we send anything it has to be under 2kg or it just sky rockets.

I despair especially I can have something sent from the US on USPS so cheap.

Bernie, it does work the other way as well. I bought a replacement item from Davies Craig last year. $6 item ending up costing me over £40... $80

Brett

Back