need european ford capri part-cash reward

Hi all,
My daughter is working on a 1977 ford capri MKII, and we need help locating a critical part for it.

These cars have become incredibly scarce in the USA, so I may need help from someone in the UK.

We desperately need a "left hand side" front suspension strut housing for the car. The one that was on the car has been lost, and I've been trying to locate one in the USA with no luck.

I have a set of new koni strut inserts for the car,and all new track rods,bushings, springs etc, and the lack of the strut housing has brought the project to a halt.

I've tried ebay UK and have found the periodically, but no one seems to want to ship to the USA.

If anyone of you can come up with one & possibly ship it to me, I will gladly pay you for your time/efforts.
thanks, Alain V.

Alain, can you show exactly which part you are looking for, is it the main macpherson strut leg, or the housing on the chassis into which the leg sits? If you find the part you want but cannot get shipping I am sure we can find a way of getting it out to you. Frank

Sounds like the Stub axle, steering arm,& tube with lower spring seat that he is looking for. ie the McPherson strut housing.
Alain, it might be helpful if you were to post a pic of the remaining RH strut that you have, there are/were a few different versions IIRC with respect to the lower spring seat design/position & the caliper mounts/bolt centers along with stub axle brg dia's.

thanks for the respones, gentlemen.

I will take a pic, tomorrow and post it of the housing I do have so a comparison can be made.

YES, the mcpherson strut housing (tube with spring seat& spindle),,,,is what I am after.

I think ours was accidentally thrown out with some scrap metal.

I will check the posted links,, to see if any of them have what I need.

Alain

just a quick update:
The caprisport people have some good looking housings available, which have been strenthened at the bottom. They also are set up with threaded bodies to accept "adjustable coil over" springs.

Thanks again for the links and offers to help.

Back