Need some cool 32V head for your GTG40?

I have added the very cool ARAO 32v heads for 203/351W and 351 Cleveland head to the array of special parts availible to GT40s.com members. I'm telling you that a set of these topped with a stack manifold and you will be the envy of all your peers! They also will clear up acne, raise your IQ and increase the size of your rear tire budget. Here are some small pic's and more info can be found on my site.
araofordhd.jpg
araofrdsbcsm.jpg

G

I've had these in mind for quite some time now. I have to think that compressing two sets of springs will cause some cam wear. Are there limitations as to the type of valve train that can be used with these? Theoretically, at least, it would seem that two smaller/lighter valves, each with its own spring(s) and better flow should support higher RPM.

The next obvious question is if there is any flow data on them? One would think that the flow rate for a moderate lift cam outght to be even better than a really big cam and without the issues of really steep slopes. This assumes the port/runner profile is adequate to feed the extra valves. This leads to the next question; what kind of headers and intake manifold would work with them? The ports seen in the photo look a pretty odd size.

I answered my own question about flow rates on ARAO's web site:
FRDSBC3.gif

They also state that they recommend mechancial rollers which makes sense. They have some dyno charts for Chevy 350 there also. Wayne do you have any experience or firt hand knowledge of these on SBF? Any info on reliability and/or longevity of the valve train?

I must admit these look very appealing!

Ron Earp

Admin
Anyone have dyno figures for this head on a SB Ford? I've yet to see any, even over on the Corral where just about anything that goes fast has been tried and posted on a SB Ford. Same for Ford Muscle, 5.0L Tech, Super Ford, and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords - never seen any data.

Flow is impressive though, but not beyond the reach of heavily ported heads although such heads will have low velocity at low RPM.

R

I have not tried them personally but will be taking a tour of the place very soon. I'll be putting them on my next car with the injection system on a 331 with a sportsman block so I can safely spin it to 7500 rpm

Oh hell yes...350 CFM on the intake at a paltry 0.450" of lift! I've read a copule discussion about these on the Corral but nobody tried them due to cost considerations. Give these puppies a mild cam and twin turbos and you could make 700 very streetable horsepower.

Ron Earp

Admin
Mark,

I agree but that is just the thing - I've been reading the Corral since the beginning and just about every Ford go fast mag since the late 80s. I've never seen a test of them which is unusal. I might have missed it of course, but they're really no more expensive than a high-end blower system so it isn't that they are non-affordable. Looking forward to some real wheel hp numbers,

Ron

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Mike, thanks for the heads up, he has a set for Yates intake in stock right now that he would sell for $5200

Back