New Book due soon

This is to announce a new book on the new Ford GT.
Title: Ford GT40 and the new Ford GT
authors; Al Axelrod, Brian Winer, wallace wyss
Length: 224 pages
Hardbound
Price $59
Available fall of '06
Covers original history of original GT40s and then segues into the new Ford GT; the conception, design, engineering, testing, manufacturing and marketing
32 pages color
Interested parties who want to be notified when it is available can write
[email protected]

I might get that, but the book I really want to see published is Carrol Smith's book on Ford's GT40 program. As I understand it, Carrol had made a good start on it before he passed on, and someone else familiar with the program was going to help get it finished.

Charlie M

Supporter
I bought a similar book from the SAE store late last year titled "The Ford GT: New Vehicle Engineering and Technical History of the GT40". The link to the listing: http://www.sae.org/servlets/productDetail?PROD_TYP=BOOK&PROD_CD=PT-113

It's a collection of the technical papers written about the different aspects of the new GT development and the collection of papers on the original GT40 development written back in the '60's.

I enjoyed it but it's not reading that everyone would enjoy; they're all technical papers written by engineers and one or two read like patent applications. It's worth a look and it's available now.

Mark, if you want to check out my copy, Steve has it. You're welcome to borrow it when he's done.

Charlie

Last edited:
Book finally came out; sorry to revisit so late. Here's the specs.
224 pg.
hardbound
100 b & w fotos
32 pages colour
3 page essay by Dan Gurney
3 page bio on Shelby
factory specs
index
carried by one bookstore Autobooks & Aerobooks burbank CA
or contact [email protected]

Back