New Corvette Grand Am Prototype, Reminds me of the SLC, ALOT???

Fran did you have anything to do with this, the front looks a lot like the SLC with a few styling changes?

Attachments

• 1094015_article_img_large1.jpg
    1094015_article_img_large1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 656
  • 1094015_article_img_large2.jpg
    1094015_article_img_large2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 604
  • 1094015_article_img_large4.jpg
    1094015_article_img_large4.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 519
I am waiting until after the first of the year to make my choice. As I am still finishing my other projects.

Plus waiting for the LeMans verison to be finished up. Will it be done by the end of FEB as I will be in town for the autorama?

I like the SLC better for many design detail reasons.

It still looks too much like a Corvette. I know that's the point, but then it looks like a body kit was put on a C6.

The front clamshell is what I thought looked the most like the SLC. I do prefrer the SLC overall though.

I am waiting on the LeMans version before I make my mind up on which one to build. All I know is that my next project will becoming from Fran.

I just saw this on Facebook. I almost shit my self I thought fran was running Daytona in a few months. I clicked on the picture and saw the chevy lights and what not. So Fran if they win Daytona you ready for people calling to ask you to make the same car.

I am wondering how this will do in the performance. I know they run at tracks were nasa runs at. That includes VIR. It could be a cool side by side vs the slc. A 150,000 car vs a 1,000,000 car. Both cars should almost be the same.

Here are some better pictures.

http://photos.speedtv.com/gallery/Chevrolet_Corvette_Daytona_Prototype

Looks like DP has relaxed the rules package that made the previous versions of the DP car SO FRIKKEN UGLY. Now the canopy is no longer the size of a small apartment complex slapped on top of four tiny wheels! Good looking car with many SLC like similarities, as noted I really like the smaller canopy area and the steeply raked windshield that come along on this car.

Bravo.

PS Note the airbox layout.....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Nice to see a little more individuality in the body shapes....

The 01 car will be running a very similar spec to a DP next year in terms of brakes and Aero...The DP will be quicker as it has a sequential trans and some sophisticated electronics ...but we will be darn clase....

I will order with the street tail but I still desire the aero for the track.... what I like most about this DP car is its similar look to the SLC but the wing is mounted over the rear bonnet versus hanging so far out the back..... I hesistate on the current SL-C wings for a car pulling dual duty street/track in it's current location. I worry it's a target just waiting to be hit my a texting soccer mom in a minivan. Just my .02.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Cheaper to replace a wing than a tail and a wing....just a thought.

The DP wing location is part of the rules package...not that its a better location than behind the car..fyi.

The DP wing location is part of the rules package...not that its a better location than behind the car..fyi.

If you get hit from behind by an F150 I don't think it will matter - you're going to need a new tail, and wing, and transaxle, and engine, lol.

Fran, I have no doubt that you have the aero dialed in on the SL-C :thumbsup:..... Anyone have a picture with the wing on a street tail? The best part of planning my build is gathering enough information to build it right the firt time. :shy:
BTW. The feedback from the SL-C group is far more objective than anything I have seen from the GTM boys... again, my .02. :lipsrsealed:

... The feedback from the SL-C group is far more objective than anything I have seen from the GTM boys... again, my .02. :lipsrsealed:

I wouldn't paint the GTM crew with such a broad stroke. I think the majority of them are objective and helpful regardless of car preference. There are only a few that can't have an online conversation without bashing, or giving
RCR backhanded compliments due to some agenda they have against anything associated with RCR or Fran.

Don't judge the GTM community based a few superego'd, overly sensitive bad apples. Most of them are good guys just like the guys (and girl) on this forum.

Back on topic: The car looks much better on the youtube clip. Awesome.

I wouldn't paint the GTM crew with such a broad stroke. I think the majority of them are objective and helpful regardless of car preference. There are only a few that can't have an online conversation without bashing, or giving
RCR backhanded compliments due to some agenda they have against anything associated with RCR or Fran.

Don't judge the GTM community based a few superego'd, overly sensitive bad apples. Most of them are good guys just like the guys (and girl) on this forum.

Back on topic: The car looks much better on the youtube clip. Awesome.

Agreed.... Not trying to stir the pot. I will admit, that it is only the few that have soured my taste. My bad. :lipsrsealed:
Jim

Back