New England GT40 builders' gathering

My wife is taking the kids to Orlando (may God have mercy on her kind soul) on Saturday morning, September 30, so I'm going to have a blissful weekend as a bachelor. Rather than dancing around in my underwear and calling hookers that weekend, I was planning on going full bore on my GT40 build project. Then I thought maybe this would be a good opportunity for a GT40-guy gathering.

We've had a few of these get-togethers in New England (the most recent one was a few months ago and was hosted by Steve Miller) and we always have fun, despite the fact that, to date, nobody has shown up with a completed GT40. :rolleyes: Well, one of these days somebody, maybe even me, will get one on the road.

Anyway, here's an open invitation to come to my house in Massachusetts on Saturday afternoon, September 30, eat some food, drink some beer, talk about GT40s, and bench race. All are welcome. I'll have the grill fired up and will have burgers, sausages, beer and soda available. If you want to bring along a little something that's great, if not, that's fine too. We'll get started any time between noon and 2:00, and we'll go until whenever. Send me a PM or email me at mark (dot) worthington (at) gmail (dot) com if you're interested in attending.

Hope to see you there!

About 30 miles west of Boston, less than 10 minutes from the intersetion of I-495 and the Mass Pike (I-90). About 2.5 hours from White Plains. Less than 2 hours in a GT40. :)

Awfully nice of you, Mark. I might just be able to drive the 40 up, taking the Groton ferry.
But then, you wouldn't really get any work done on your build...rockonsmile

Come on up, Ray, we'd love to see your car. No worries about me getting work done on my car, as long as I'm hanging out with GT40 guys and drinking beer it's all good. Besides, I'll have the rest of the weekend for working on the car.

So guys, what's the car inventory going to look like at Mark's on the 30th?
If the weather holds, let's see some good iron!!!

Brian

Charlie M

Supporter
Weather permitting, I'm bringing the Cobra. I think Bill is bringing his Daytona Coupe.

Looking forward to this; thanks for hosting Mark!

Charlie

Bringing this back to the top. At this point, it looks like we have 8 folks confirmed to attend, with a few more as highly likely. Depending on weather and participation, we could have a couple Cobras, a Daytona coupe, at least one GT40 replica (a CAV), an original GT40, a '67 Mustang GTA vert, and Brian's pickup truck. :p

We're starting to get some colorful fall foliage and I'm hopeful that we'll enjoy one of those crisp, clear beautiful New England autumn days. I might even make up a batch of my world-famous chile verde.

If you want to attend, send me an email or a PM and let me know where you're coming from so I can send you directions.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Dam I would really like to come there but it's a far drive from NYC. I don't have a GT40 yet and honestly never seen one in person. A builder is gonna have one in a few weeks for me to see though.

Have fun guys. As much as I want to drive there it's just to far :p:p

Weather is looking perfect: low-mid 60s and sunny with light winds. Still warm enough for body filler to set up. :) Hopefully you guys dust off the serious iron and make the trip.

Charlie M

Supporter
Had a great time at the get-together Mark, thanks for hosting. I hope to return the favor soon.

The car's coming along very well. I can't wait to hear that fire up soon. Looks like it'll be a close race with Brian.

Charlie

Agreed. Mark thank you for your hospitality. Your car is beautiful, I can't wait to see it when its done.

To everyone else; nice to meet you guys; I hope to see you again.

Had a great time, even though I had to spread some body putty! You are a lot futher along with your GT build than I thought. It's looking like the real thing now! Thirty houres of body work? you have just started, you got it spot on!
After the GT build, I think Mark should go into the restaurant business. Mark puts out some good food! We would have had to stay until the next day to drink all that beer that was in the fridge. Thanksd Mark!

I second all of the comments guys, Mark's car is going to be a stunner, food was great and the friendships are the best.

Thanks again Mark, it was a great get togther.

Brian

Back