New GT40 spotted on Ca HWY 1

I thought I'd share with you guys my encounter this past Saturday (Aug 16) out on HWY 1 just south of Monterey. I was on my way to San Luis Obispo and spotted a Michigan plated caravan consisting of:

SVT Mustang
Mustang Convertible
Red new GT40
Red Ferrari 360
Blue new GT40

I followed them southbound for about 10 minutes before they all made a u-turn to head back north. The passenger in the convertible was taking lots of pics with a fairly big camera. My guess is this was a photo op for a magazine atricle to be published or some some PR for Ford. I was at the Historics on Sunday and didn't see the new GT40's.. so I assume they were at Pebble? Anyway, here are some pics I took:

Here is the caravan
fb5598a0.jpg

When they made u-turn
fb559898.jpg

fb559893.jpg

I suspect the 360 is Ford's - the one they used for comparison development on the new GT which would suggest the convoy is Ford's rather than a magazine

Believe it or not I drove by very close to one of the white Ford GT prototypes-it was at the gas station near where I live. My dad, brother and I were coming home from the Historics. Good looking car, although I like the classic body styles better.

Back