New Racebike succesfully tested

Decided to open a new thread for my new racebike

It is finished now and i had my first racing event on it.
From 4th to 6th of may i participated in the "grab the flag" classic bike event on Panninia Circuit in Hungary. Did pretty ok for a brand new bike.
The bike has been finished on Thursday monring 2.30 AM and we left for the racetrack in the late afternoon ( had to go to work inbetween).
After some small teasing issues in friday practice i only had to do some rejetting and regearing on saturday.
SCORED POLE
FINISHED SATURDAY RACE in 2nd
WON SUNDAY RACE

I am very happy with the bikes an my performance

Bike is based on a Yamaha SR500 1980. Only parts left of this original bike are Frame(which i considerably enlightened and reifnorced in two critical areas) and engine.
All the rest is custom made.
Engine displacement is according to the rules 513 ccm, We had custom pistons made by CPE, it is a 2 ring design ( 1 compression, 1 oil). Which is considerably lighter than our old design ( 15%), cam is a rewelded and grind cam from WEBCAM using a profile developed by White Brothers. Valves and Rockers are reworked stock units. Carb is a Mickuni Flatslide TM40. everything below the piston is bonestock Yamaha SR.
Power output is around 45HP at the rearwheel.Runs very smooth for a thumper, almost no vibrations.
Weight of the bike including oil (no gas) is 112 Kg with 55.3 front and 56.7 kg rear. The handling of this bike is phenomenal. It just steers there where you think. No wobbling no chattering. Thanks to the suspension mods i did:
R6 Fork,
Aluminum rear swingarm,
YSS Shocks,
Technomagnesio wheels,
Brembo P08 dóro caliper(we are not allowed to run 4 piston calipers or more than 1 pistons on one side of the brakedisc) with 320mm disc).
This bike is a real good performer and it look killer.

Here you also see which color i have chosen ( painted it by myself in 3 nights)

from this

wpe12.jpg

to that

IMG_2126.jpg

ihave built it in 3 month and with a lot of hours. Fairing and seat is a copy in CFK of a Ducati TT750 parts. The tank was made after my design following also Ducati TT lines in CFK as well.
Exhaust system has been build out of 0.7mm carbon steel from my main competitor, very lightweight and beautyful sounding ( megaphone)

me an my new weapon
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_2 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=580><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
wol_error.gif
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and weights 196KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
IMG_2128.jpg

<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_4 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=580><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
wol_error.gif
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and weights 201KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
IMG_2096.jpg

Tires are Dunlop KR vintage racing tires KR824 front and KR124A rear. As we are not allowed to run slicks, this is the best grip you can get.

some actionpics

overtaking on the outside ( yes i know)
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_7 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=580><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
wol_error.gif
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x761 and weights 420KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
IMG_2169.jpg

<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_8 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=580><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
wol_error.gif
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x654 and weights 325KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
IMG_2215.jpg

infight with my main competitor
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_9 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=580><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
wol_error.gif
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 885x426 and weights 243KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
IMG_2291.jpg

<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_10 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=580><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
wol_error.gif
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x552 and weights 245KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
IMG_2297.jpg

over all a very successfull build and race

TOM

Last edited:
here is a link to the MYLAP results
Qualifying:
beeing 11th fastest of all 161 riders ( and fastest 500cc, all in front of me are either 750cc or unlimited) Have to admit that my main competitor IVES GLAUSER is never trying to qualify high. but he is able to lap at least 2 sec faster than me. He is a very competitive rider, racing also in IHRO against riders like Luke Notton and Lea Gurley and beating them regularely. So no shame to loose against him
MYLAPS Results

Saturday race:
results:
MYLAPS Results
lapchart:
MYLAPS Results

Sunday race:
results:
MYLAPS Results
lapchart:
MYLAPS Results

Ron engine peaks at about 8000 RPM

TOM

Paul

those wheels are " TECHNOMAGNESIO" wheels. I ´ve been lucky to purchase NOS 10 wheels in exactly those sizes we need for a very good price.

TOM

Back