New RCR transaxle?

I just received my new copy of Kit Car Builder in the mail. The RCR advertisement on the back inside cover states: "ask us about our new 5 and 6 speed transaxles". Fran, can you share any details including cost? Thanks. Tom

Saw that too and noticed the picture of it in the ad. I already have my transaxle and am in too deep to replace it at this point but am very curious about Fran's new solution.

What are these pics you guys are talking about. I have seen teaser shots and projected data but nothing from the big Kahuna. Fran what gives?

I though that Fran was going to announce this with as sort of drive train package (motor and trans)? Has that changed?

There was some mention of it in that 360 engine post below?

I wonder if they're just developing the housing, or the entire thing? Doing the entire thing seems like it would a company that doesn't specialize in this a crap tonne in r&d & tooling?

Its actually a team effort...

The transaxle is called a Griffin...and there are lots of options that are going to be available.

More info to come soon...

Funny I just realized that the name of this unit is my companies LOGO !!!! Looks like the stars are stating to line up!!!!:thumbsup:

Adrian,

yes..all varieties have ratings...from the base unit of 600hp/500lbft....to the
seven speed 1400hp/1000lb/ft unit...with many incrimental options in between.

Full layout and options , with pricing will be posted next week.

WOW!!!!

Impressive numbers.... ( I ask myself, should I have expected any less????)

Are these straight or helical gears? With syncros or dog boxes???

Just curious

There is a package designed as a shorter option specifically for space challenged cars ..like the GT40...5 speed.

The standard length 5 speed is the same length as a G50 so that will also fit and is a little less expensive than the short box...

Back