New suspension for RCR

We have been testing billet control arms for the RCR range of cars and we have decided to use the design pictured.
These have a couple of operations left in the CNC department but I thought some of you may like a look anyway..
They are now standard parts on all the kits ...no more tubular steel arms I'm afraid...only the radius rods
I know these may not be to some purists liking but I feel this is the way to improve my breed....

Let me know what you think...like you lot can keep quiet about anything.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 62460-Billetfrontarms.JPG
    62460-Billetfrontarms.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 437

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
You were right, I do like it better the the steel! Again to confirm it this is why I got a car from you!

Sandy

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Fran,

Gorgeous parts! It is common knowledge that I am not a dogmatic purist, so I would have no problem at all using these parts. No doubt, they will also provide more rigidity to the links, yielding more predictable handling of the car. I think that the vast majority of people who are building a car to drive will embrace these upgrades. To boot, they look so good as well. I can imagine them matte finished (vapour blasted), polished, anodized or powder coated with some of the hot translucent colors. Very sharp!

Having been an observer of the specialty car market since the '60s, it does my heart good to see this kind of quality being produced in the US. The kinds of developments you have been introducing should be sending the message to the legacy vendors that they can't rest on their laurels any longer: they now have competition committed to providing [modern] quality products at reasonable prices and, probably more importantly, within reasonable time frames.

Good On You!!

Regards,
Lynn

OK...I'll be the bad guy...too modern looking for my taste.

Fran

Are these truly less costly to manufacture than tubular
steel? If so, that's quite a statement about modern
manufacturing methods.

MikeD

Hmm...I like the look and they are probably an improvement over the original style. But the original style...still looks nice as well.

Do I have a choice?

Billl D

The billet is the standard...tubular is less expensive but not as strong or production friendly..I am willing to sacrifice profit for quality....tubular will be a special order part at extra cost.
Like I said Mike can't please everyone....paint them satin black and have them disappear....besides cars are actually for driving not just looking at... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

They look absolutely fantastic!! I like them. However they are unlikely to fit my KVA, so I will just have to dream of standards like that. Lovely work.
Murray

Wow! Those are really nice pieces...I'll have to buy a set at a later date.

Anyone want to buy a set of RCR40 tubular control arms? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There you go Michael, swap with Bill when he gets his and everyone is happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Very nice work on your cars Fran, congrats.

Back