new to site

Hi, came across this site earlier this year, there appears to be some very knowledgeable guys here, I am mainly interested in the history of the cars rather than building one though. I loved them as a kid and try to get to see as many as I can at historic meetings.

Hi Dick, how about a bit more info? whereabouts in the UK are you? You never know there may be someone local who will be willing to take you for a spin (most of us don't need much of an excuse) Hope you enjoy the forum, lots to read here.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dick,

Plenty of other very knowledgable non-builders around on the forum and in the GT40 Enthusiasts Club - check out the regional meetings and come along to meet some of the guys/cars (ok, maybe not cars at this time of year!).

Max

Hi Dick,

This is my first post as well, having joined a while ago. I'm an avid GT40 enthusiast and am very much interested in the history of the GT40 like yourself.

I got hooked on the GT40 story when I first saw one as a young lad in my home town of Slough. I had no idea at the time of the cars link to 'Sluff' as we call it!!!
Even stranger to find that the FAV works at Banbury Avenue was just at the back of the fields that I used to play on as a kid!
Anyhow, I now find myself with a large collection of GT40 books, pictures etc etc like so many other GT40 addicts.
I hope you get as much enjoyment from the forums as I do :pleased:

Back