New Toy

Ha Guys,
Check out the new addition to my garage shop, this is a 3HP variable speed mill with a DRO on it, time to do some work!
See Ya,
Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0491.jpg
    DSCN0491.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 671
  • DSCN0489.jpg
    DSCN0489.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 586
  • DSCN0490.jpg
    DSCN0490.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 583
To say I'm jealous is not the word. My little mini mill is great, having one of those would be awesome!!!!

I can make a fair amount of swarf with mine and the mini lathe, but with one of those, I would be tempted to give up my day job.

Mind your eyes and fingers and set up some saved searches on flee bay for machining tools, one of the days highlights is looking through the newly listed items for cheap stuff (ER32 collet set and parallels at the moment).

I don't know your level of experience, but MIT have some great online videos demonstarting workshop tools. i started from scratch a couple of years ago and they were invaluable, if only for the terms and jargon.

You lucky b....

Wish I did something more interesting than computers and call centres, but it pays the bills.

I now were to go to ask how to do something now then...if thats alright?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Drool...... :)

One fine day.....

Meanwhile, I just make chips the manual way...

With the downturn of the economy there are auctions of machine shops all the time. I have been to several in my area and those machines go for a pittance. Trying to get it home is the big problem. I wish I knew how to use one. I was always looking for the small items like welders or plasma cutters or tools. The only trouble is you have to be able to go to the auctions on a week day. Use Google to search for Auction houses and get on their mailing list.

Bill

Bob,
Very good. I would love to have the room to put one of thoes, a Lathe, surface grinder...... well the list goes on, I will keep dreaming.
Your gunna love the work that machine can do!

Kind regards, Gus.

Bob, that's just not fair, showing off like that. I couldn't even get that in my garage as it's too tall, what a great bit of kit though, as someone who trained on all the machine tools many years ago I would love the chance to re kit myself out and get lost for the weekend making wonderful hot metal smells, I am having fun with a new powder coating system though, might post some pictures when I get the booth and oven finished (if I ever get the time)

Back