New track/ race car NP01

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
For a single seat track car it's probably very 'kool'...but, an SL-C provides a whole lot more 'options' use/purpose-wise...not the least of which is being able to power it with almost any engine one wants w/o fitment issues...and being able to take a passenger along when driving it on the street....which one also can do.

IOW the NP01 is a 'track/racing only' car...which is just fine for many...'nothing wrong with that.

$ 62K for the basic kit, for those wondering.

Includes everything except belts and fluids (motor, tranny etc included).

Looks like a square tube space frame.

My intent was not to compare this car to the SLC, The NP01 is its own animal, it has been built to run in a specified class and with sealed engines and with enforcement and claim rules should keep costs affordable and let the best driver win. I have seen a lot of racing in other classes where to be competitive you need some serious sponsor backing.

I think its really cool to have a entry level prototype race car that is set up in a class with a specked engines that can be obtained at the hobby level. One of the most popular classes out there are Legends because they are affordable and give a lot of young people a chance at motor sports to learn.(IMHO)

Last edited:
I like the concept...a little fugly, a lot like the early DP cars...but on a budget. Not as sexy as a DSR/CSR, but probably more reliable, and almost certainly cheaper to run.

Probably looks more advanced than it is...but that's a good thing in some ways.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
My intent was not to compare this car to the SLC...

Understood (now!)...but, you undoubtedly realize such a comparison is almost an automatic 'given', right? How could it not be?

I think its really cool to have a entry level prototype race car that is set up in a class with a specked engines that can be obtained at the hobby level. One of the most popular classes out there are Legends because they are affordable and give a lot of young people a chance at motor sports to learn.(IMHO)

Agreed. And for someone who looks at the car from a 'single purpose'/'single configuration' standpoint only, it's probably quite 'stellar'. :2thumbsup:

Keep an eye on the RCR forum for some exciting news....really exciting IMHO

Now the cat out of the bag, named the "SUPERLITE AERO" looks like a worthy turn key race car thats homologized and cost effective.

Am I going to see Ryan Ellis Motorsport running one of these in future?

Back