Newbie to this forum.

Last car i built was a FFR MKIII which i still have--almost daily driver. Now i want to build a GT 40 - no sure MKI or II yet. I would love to get your guys feed back
with regards to whats the best transaxle set up. I like smooth shifts. Im using a 351w Stroker. WHat about tilt front end and rear--anybody sell kits? My biggest question is your thoughts on Deluxe kit or Deluxe kit plus and why? Im just starting my research on all this -- appreciate any help. Mark Coulter

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil

Supporter
Mark, a Porsche G50 transaxle is a good choice- available, adapters from KEP, gears available, strong, moderately priced (comparatively).

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Mark! I've got a Mk I RCR with a modest SBF (350h) and ZF and am quite happy with it. That is more than enough power to get into trouble with these light cars.

Your trans decision will depend a bit upon your motor selection, or more appropriately, that should probably be reversed. Pick and spec what your gearbox will handle and then build a motor to suit.

I would recommend editing your post to remove your phone number. You can use the forum's private message/conversation function to share contact details in private with fellow members.

Edit button appears in the footer of posts you make.

Back