Newby from Paraguay

Hello everyone!

I've been browsing through this wonderful site for about a week now, and finally decided to join in the fun.

I must say that I'm not involved in a GT40 project, although I have admired that car for a long time, not only by it's accomplishments in the past, but because of it's technology and overall dazzling appearance.

I'm currently on the early stages of developing plans to build a replica of the Ferrari 288 GTO (1984); which has a similar engine-tranny setup as the one found in the GT-40; that's the main reason why I ended up here while researching for suitable trannies to fit in.

Anyways, I'll work into creating a build log of the project as soon as I have definite stuff made. As I said, I'm just getting started, and my sketches are still a little rough. This seems like it's gonna be a 10-year or so project, so if anyone looks forward to updates, I'll advice that patience will be required, lol!

I'm an industrial engineer, and have been working on stretch-blow molding machines for the last 8 years. The first car I ever owned/restored was a 1966 Mustang that I still own. Though I have been through other car projects, this will be my first ever "Scratch-built" car, and it's a dream that I've had my whole life; ever since I was 6 years-old I've been in love with this car, and I guess it's time to get some "go" on that dream finally.

Well, I don't mean to write too much, after all, this is only an introduction. I truly hope to develop some nice and lasting friends on this forum.

Take care!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Daniel,

Welcome,

It's sounds like a great project, the 288 was a very pretty one. What motor are you going to use?

Anyway, welcome, there are smart folks here who have done it all. Have fun.

Hello, Jim!

I'm still figuring that one out. I guess it'll depend on which transaxle I can get my hands on. I have a Ford 302 and a Chevy 350 in the shop that are not meant for any other project, so I might just use one of them. I was hoping to get something fuel injected and meaner, like an LS-1... but again, it'll depend on the transaxle.

I'm working on the plans for building the buck and the frame now; still don't have anything worth showing, but I'll get there! ;-) I've just bought a nice software that's meant for automotive design; ever heard of Autodesk Alias Automotive? I'm still getting used to it, 'cause it's quite different from SolidWorks, but it'll be worth the learning! :)

Do you own a GT40? Was it scratch-built? Thanks a lot for replying! :-D

Back