Oil pan

I'm building a Ford 302 -347ci and I'm planning on using a Canton Road race front sump oil pan with 7 1/2 inches of depth part no.15-630. Will this pan work in the RCR GT40?
Vaughn
P.S Fran if you see this let me know or anyone else that can help with this question.

Ron Earp

Admin
It works perfectly. Check my Lola build thread and there are pictures of it sitting perfectly flush with the bottom of the chassis.

EDITED - here you go with a picture:

Attachments

• pan.JPG
    pan.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 517
Vaughn, I think Ron is wrong, I don't think it will work on your rcr 40, It will work on mine [RCR40]. But not yours. What do you think Fran?
Mike D

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry man.... I already got the GT40 one....... :)

Seriously... It works perfectly. Fits ideal in all directions.

Rob

Attachments

• P1080110a.JPG
    P1080110a.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 554
Thanks for all the great pictures, Ron, Rob, Bill, and Jay. It was very helpful. I really think that this forum is a great vehicle for answering questions. I dropped a line to Fran as well. It took him all of one minute to get back to me! It's great to work with a builder like Fran who is so good at communicating with his customers and taking care of their needs.

The car is coming along well, we are making lots of good progress. Doors are hung, body cutouts done, ZF transmission on order, and engine is under construction, dashboard is all finished but the painting, foot pedal assembly completed. We should have it all painted within the next two or three weeks. I hope to start plumbing and wiring the car very soon.

Thanks again,
Vaughn

Back