Orders and Shipping post Covid.

Orders and Shipping post Covid.

How is everyone else going with their projects. Just had an order arrive today, for something that i ordered a month to the day ago. ie Ordered 21-08-2020 and its just turned up on the 21-09-2020
been in the postal system for the entire time, and it only had to go about 30km (18 miles).
Makes it very hard to keep things progressing when there is that much lead time.

Anyone else noticed the same sort of slow down?

What else have you been doing to get around it? Might have to make use of couriers more i think.

Noticed the exact same thing, even with the couriers.
Sluggish everywhere. The online ecommerce is booming during this corona thing, so all the logistics hubs are overloaded. Couriers are much better, but not immune. I've had stuff fly in from the US to EU, and take 2 weeks longer because of delays at the hubs in the US.

It's slowly starting to become better with the courier services though, as they have been ramping up staffing etc. to deal with the surge of customers.
It is what it is, started to just accept things I cannot change.

I have just been investigating some alternatives since posting the thread.
We are still in lock down where i am so not supposed to be traveling. The other week I was turning some part up on the lathe for my mates bike project. Called him and told him they were finished. By the time i had washed my hands and made it from the shed back through the house to the front door, he had an Uber there to do a "Connect" package pick up. About 30 minuets later he had the parts i had made in his hands and was busy fitting them to the bike. For local stuff (ie within about 45 minuets drive) it might even work out cheaper than a courier.
i have just checked what my package from 30km away would have cost, and it was reasonable. Worth checking if that sort of stuff is available.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I have just been investigating some alternatives since posting the thread.
We are still in lock down where i am so not supposed to be traveling. The other week I was turning some part up on the lathe for my mates bike project. Called him and told him they were finished. By the time i had washed my hands and made it from the shed back through the house to the front door, he had an Uber there to do a "Connect" package pick up. About 30 minuets later he had the parts i had made in his hands and was busy fitting them to the bike. For local stuff (ie within about 45 minuets drive) it might even work out cheaper than a courier.
i have just checked what my package from 30km away would have cost, and it was reasonable. Worth checking if that sort of stuff is available.

'Makes perfect sense, doesn't it. An Uber driver can do a "Connect"...but your "mate" cannot.
There are sooooo many contradictions within the C-19 protocols that the lot of them taken as a whole make little if any sense at all.
IMHO, the only ones that do make some sense are masks, hand washing, and distancing.
Buuuut, what do I know...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I sent a package from here in the states to JacMac in NZ and it took a few days longer than a month. It was sent International Priority Mail - I’ll be darned if I know whose “Priority” though..... It spent more than 3 weeks here in the states before it left Los Angeles - presumably by Row-Boat....

Back