Our history is not what we think

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Best pack me bags in readiness for the second (as we know it) coming --every ~3600 years , seems to fall in place
Maybe our Aussie indigenous were right after all, when God said --"Don't do anything till I get back"

Keith

Why the f**** is it running at double speed with a chipmunk narrating? It looked to be interesting but damned if I could follow it... :(

It must be our age keith i had the same trouble, i even tried to slow it down a bit to no avail, so i could understand what was being talked about, but what i did get was some fact with a lot of conjecture. juries still out me thinks.

John

Keith

Glad it wasn't just me John!

Methinks someone speeded it up to get it under 1hr (You Tube limit?), but everything was lost in translation. I got the ass with it and nearly decked my new AIO computer :shocked:

Glad I didn't, just cost me a grand...

AS for the content, well I suppose it all depends on who's version of history you want to believe. The problem is, these pieces often don't solve puzzles, they raise conjecture and attempt to overturn the established understanding (for whatever motivation), and the problem with THAT is that if you find a your beliefs undermined often enough by a clever bit of chicanery, then insecurity follows. If the exercise is carried out often enough across a broad spectrum of historical and political history, then society itself can be destabilised, and to a degree, I believe that is happening now in the West.

However, not all modern exposes of history re-examined are bunk, and we have to rely on a heightened ability to disseminate such information which in turn relies on a decent standard of education carried out by people who themselves benefit from such attributes.

Oh dear. Another Oooops! moment then...:thumbsdown:

Back