Overall maximum length of engine+gearbox

Hi,

I am a little bit worried about the overall lenght of the engine + gearbox. Right now I have total lenght of 150 cm.

I havent got my chassie yet - it will arrive in May and I want the drive train to be ready to lift in BUT I do not want any trouble with bulkhead or the rear part of the body.
I have a Porsche 915 gearbox but looking also to Audi which we have a lot of in Sweden.

So if anyone could give me some feedback in this matter I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Henrik

Hello
My project car has a 302 ford engine and a audi 01E six speed box which is 63mm longer than the 01E5 speed. Total lenght with my engine/gearbox combo is 1360mm end to end and that is pretty much the maximum lenght. I use a -89 302 ford with a flat serpentine drivepulley(modified mercedes 230) which shorten the engine 40 to 60 mm over stock pulleys for multirib or v-belt. The most critical lenght is from engine front end (or firewall) to center of driveshaft(and wheelcenter) which is 830(860) mm in my car. A engine/box combo that has a 1500 mm lenght seems to me difficult getting in place. What engine are you using? I think the 915 gearbox 5 speed has aboat the same lenght as the audi 01E six speed gearbox so changing to a audi five speed gearbox does not itself solve your lenght problem, making the engine as short as possible to may do it though.
Hope this helps
ingvar

Back