P1014 Noel Edmonds

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Someone posted a video today on FB about Noel Edmonds car. I think the 40 looked really tasteful with the MKIII window installed. Now if I could only find the pair that were discarded during one of the restorations. If anyone knows Noel, please let him know I watched Swap Shop as a kid when I lived in the UK and to please post me the windows!

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
So when I saw he car no longer had the side windows I immediately wondered if those were the ones that Sam ran across.

Found this one. before
nr 12
Paul

Found this one. before
nr 12
Paul
but seems to have rounded off corner on the window... not like the mkIII

mkIII. side window

Attachments

• 1_Picture_145.jpg
    1_Picture_145.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 148

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
It is the rounded bit that makes it work. It would be cool to replicate to where you could remove the large pane and stowaway for a nice day drive.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Graham,
was 1072 a factory 4bbl car? I just rewatched the video other interesting items like the AC and the stainless exhaust beautifully bent. I slowed several shots of the window and it grows every time on me as that says this was meant for the road. It is too bad it does not survive in that color combo with the light interior with matching front pillars.

Just copied the photo from the other thread to make it all clear..
There would be a market for those windows. Just have to source someone who can replicate those.
No doubt Ill swap my mkII windows for those if i could buy them..
1671898257945.png

Attachments

• 1671898221952.png
    1671898221952.png
    957.5 KB · Views: 133
Just copied the photo from the other thread to make it all clear..
There would be a market for those windows. Just have to source someone who can replicate those.
No doubt Ill swap my mkII windows for those if i could buy them..
View attachment 126657
JP........if you could find magazine nr 8 (very old nr!) from the enthusiast club their is an article hoot make those windows yourself ...
Paul

Glenn M

Supporter
I remember having my car on display at the Goodwood Revival, Mr. Edmonds strolled up, spent some time looking over it and made some nice comments. I said, "But you have an original don't you?" to which he replied, "No longer.... divorce," and walked away with a wistful look on his face!

Graham,
was 1072 a factory 4bbl car? I just rewatched the video other interesting items like the AC and the stainless exhaust beautifully bent. I slowed several shots of the window and it grows every time on me as that says this was meant for the road. It is too bad it does not survive in that color combo with the light interior with matching front pillars.

Originally it had 4 Weber 48IDAs and black upholstery. The exhaust isn't stainless but chromed steel. I think the A/C was added at the same time as the cream leather upholstery.

Regards,

Graham.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
JP........if you could find magazine nr 8 (very old nr!) from the enthusiast club their is an article hoot make those windows yourself ...
Paul
Hi Paul,
This might be the wrong forum to ask but can any non-members of the Enthusiasts Club get sight of this magazine article ??.

Back