Panel sealant

Hi,

I need some more polyurethane panel adhesive for bonding the aluminium panels to my chassis, just thought I would see what people recommend?
I have been using the CBS stuff which is working fine but IMO seems fairly expensive as it works out over £25.00 for two tubes delivered, now in the grand scheme of things I know that is bugger all but the way I look at it, every penny counts so a saving here will benefit me later I'm sure..

Obviously I don't want to cut corners so is the CBS one is best then that's what I'll use but though I'd ask before sending out for more.

Cheers

Paul

I think you will find most of the good stuff will not be cheap. I used 3M 8115 on my gulf flares and it helps to use metal backers in areas that may flex such as the apex of wheel arches, corners, or panel ends.

Bill

Wurth (kd bond) is good check their price , if you search wurth /sikaflex real good info here on gt40s.com.
Make sure the correct primer is used when required.

Wurth (kd bond) is good check their price , if you search wurth /sikaflex real good info here on gt40s.com.
Make sure the correct primer is used when required.

Last edited:
Paul,
Also think about whether you will have any time between panels. PU tubes will dry out once opened, if you are like me and end up working on it sporadically. If you know you are going to do a lot in one go then as said Wurth or something like Tigerseal or any PU sealant. I used this, it's expensive but doesn't dry out: http://www.innotecworld.com/products/sealants-glues.php?productid=29

I have wondered whether this would be any good at all, available from Toolstation for £5.20: Toolstation > Adhesives & Sealants > Grab Adhesive > Stixall MS Polymer 290ml

(full details here Stixall)

or if you don't mind white this? Toolstation > Adhesives & Sealants > General Sealants > Polyurethane PU40 Sealant 310ml

or if you don't

Thanks for all the advice, I think I will go with Sikaflex 221 as can get two tubes for around £10.00 :thumbsup:

Probably teaching most of you to suck eggs:laugh: but if anyone is struggling to clean up the polyurethane sealant off of there panels, hands dog etc, then these are a must firs wipe over seems to just smudge it around but within a few seconds it lifts it all off leaving everything spotless....

Everbuild Multi-Use Wonder Wipes 100 Wipes

Back