Pathfinder GT40R: Info & Website Update

Pathfinder Motorsports

Sponsoring Vendor
It's been a while since Pathfinder Motorsports LLC was active on this board, but we're happy to say we're back. Please check out our new website: GT40Racing.com. We think you'll enjoy the huge gallery of photo albums - new and historic - as well as information on GT40s and many other exotic racers. And we have a number of exciting announcements coming very soon!

You may recall that Pathfinder was the impetus behind the creation of the GT40R by Superformance - a car as close to the competition GT40s of the 1960's as you can get without spending seven figures.

A completed ‘Continuation Model’ Pathfinder GT40R is licensed by Safir GT40 Spares and eligible for both the Safir & Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) registries, and comes with many unique features not found on the street version of the great Superformance GT40, including:

• Vintage race eligible – HSR, SVRA, and Legends of Motorsports approved
• GT40 ‘P’ Chassis number with 'R' designator (MKII body style optional)
• Authentic right-hand drive (left-hand drive optional)
• Assembled by Holman Moody - builders of the original Ford GT40s - or Olthoff Racing
• Wide selection of Holman Moody Ford engines, including Ford 289/302, 351 & 427 side-oilers
• Competition six-point roll cage
• FIA-approved FT-3 fuel cells
• Dual tow hoops – front and rear
• FIA six-point seatbelts
• Dual emergency power cut-offs – internal & external
• ZF or ZF Quaife transmission with right-hand sill shift
• FIA-approved fire suppression system
• Quick-release GTP-style race steering wheel
• Race-grade high-speed windshield wiper motor

Pathfinder cars are currently competing around the world, with owners in Japan, Sweden, and France. We are even working on an FIA-eligible model. And we have a list of well-known drivers who have taken the wheel of a Pathfinder GT40R, including Derek Bell, Bobby Rahal, Bill Adam, Divina Gallica (former F1 pilot), and others, all of whom have lauded the fit, finish, and authenticity of the Pathfinder GT40R. Take a look at the interior of a Pathfinder GT40 and compare it with an original Mk I.

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

We can retrofit original materials and components, including seat material, gauges, switches, and consoles in order to create the most authentic GT40 available. Here are some photos of GT40P/2090, the Pathfinder 'R' model that won the US Vintage Grand Prix and the New York Governors' Cup in 2009:

P2090ExitingRoadAmericaPitLane.jpg

P2090RsEngine.jpg

DSC_2857.jpg

We are also dealers for the entire Superformance line of continuation and replica sports and race cars, so if you have any questions, give me a call. I look forward to reengaging with all of you.

Last edited:
Me too....even though I own a CAV I've always admired the SPF GT40 R. Next to a Gelscoe car you've got the only choice IMHO. BEAU-TI-FUL!!

Back