Photos of RF Fiberglass

I finally managed to fix my computer after the harddrive decided it didn't want to go on and died. It's been a long week. I was able to log onto the web using my brothers computer a few days ago.. But I finally installed a new drive and started reloading all my programs. Man! that really takes a lonnng time. Unfortunatly I lost alot of files I needed but most of the important stuff was backed up.
I recieved some photos from Robert of the new fiberglass panels. They look good and Robert was very happy with them. They are laid up in clear gel coat so that if per chance a defect appears it can be repaired. They are then sprayed with a coat of primer.
If any RF kit customer has some idea as to what color they will paint their car then please let me know. I can arrange for the primer to be tinted near the shade of color you choose.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 68784-DSC03268.JPG
    68784-DSC03268.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 400

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Looks absoulutly fabulous!

All the crying and complaining are now tears of joy:)

From past threads, the cars already have the bodies on and are in final preperation for paint and shipment. The lucky new fathers are surly happy to see photo's of their babies before delivery.

Thanky you very much Hersh / Robert

Regards oliver

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Here is a photograph of the new front wheel. Before you all tell me that the wheel is on the left hand side and there is a right hand disc under it, I know.

The wheel is yet to be machined and polished and is for us to approve. I do not know about you but I APPROVE for one. They look great and with full machining will be even better. Standard colour is a dark grey and the wheels will be machined on the disc beside the spinner and also the front face.

Best wishes,

Robert

Attachments

• 68825-DSC03319.JPG
    68825-DSC03319.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 370

Robert Logan

Photographs of the first body later today , possibly tommorow, as we have just removed the body panels from the "body jig" to make a few fixtures to ease the fitting of the future body parts.

The process is to fit the body panels to this body jig and then have it painted (if required) and then re-assembled to its parent chassis.

I have ONE request, could ALL those who have ordered a kit (ie. not a turn key car) please let either Rick or Hershal know what colour you plan to spray your cars as they are primed and we are using a "tinted primer". This means that the car will effectively be ready for painting when you get the car.

Best wishes,

Robert

John B

Temp Selling Pass
I just want to say that the photo's look very nice and I as well as others surly appreciate what progress that you have made with the company. Again the progress reports once a week is all we ask for. If there is very little progress one week because of employee health or parts delivery problems....we all can understand. just lets us know.. that is all we ask. A well informed customer cannot be upset if the updates are fowarded. Keep up the good work i'm very impressed and excited for the new owners.

Best regards

Oliver

Hi all, I surely don't know much about limited volume car production tho' I did work at Ford Mo Co once, but is that photo there of a manufacturing facility or a storage unit? Comparing that photo with say, that of RCR's facility, and it doesn't look much like any production going on although I guess it's a holding area right? But it does seem a bit odd with stuff on the floor like.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
That's ok!!

I know it's hard to look at a 50,000.00 + car with it's parts laying on the floor. All I can say
is that it has to pass the buyers inspection before the final payment.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Oliver, I guess that means your flying to South Africa before final payment. I hope you enjoy your flight. I wonder if Robert would put you up for the night?

Mark,
So what's the purpose of your comment? Especially after admitting your lack of experience. You seem to be wanting to stir the pot a bit. I do hope that I am wrong. But I really see no productive statement in your post that would make me think otherwise.
As far as that facility goes, it is big, it is NOT a storage facility and it's a photo not a video. I will agree with you about Fran's setup. It is first class from what I can see. I'm also sure he will be pleased that you noticed. If you have an interest in these cars then perhaps you should be comparing Fran's car to ours instead of where they are built. I hope that is a sufficient explanation for you or will I need to have Robert go out and take full real estate photos for your curiousity.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It may not be much to some but it's enough room to do what we need to.

Attachments

• 68891-TOOLROOM2.jpg
    68891-TOOLROOM2.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 429
Another portion of the non storage area the prefab shop..

Attachments

• 68892-GENPREFABAREA.jpg
    68892-GENPREFABAREA.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 355
Wow, sorry hershall no offence intended, wind yer neck in. It's just that i possibly had a view in mind of a production facility and that photo you posted wasn't it. I'm intersted only because I am hovering over placing an order for a kit and, as someone said on the post it's a lot of dosh. Also,after reseraching the history of the replica industry - I can see it's been a rocky road thus far. hey! Good luck with all your projects everyone, I'll make sure I'm careful what i say next time... Best wishes

Mark B.

Robert Logan

As promised here are some photographs of the progress of the body work. The frame under is our "body jig" and all bodies are first fitted to it.

ENJOY !!!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

Attachments

• 68915-DSC03321.JPG
    68915-DSC03321.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 308
Back