Pics of my Ford GT and CAV GT 40

Here are pics of my new Ford GT and my CAV GT 40 I promised. The CAV's motor is done, Keith Craft 510" all aluminum TP, Ford TP injection manifold modified by Kinsler to EFI (the only hold up from completion) and a new T44 Transaxel, Wayne

Attachments

• 55534-Picture021.jpg
    55534-Picture021.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 404
The engine is built, the transaxel is finished (only 9 months behind promised date) and now waiting for Kinsler to finish the injection, dyno tune the motor with the EFI, and take the package to Kinnetic Racing in Detroit to install eveything. Mean time, I will have to get by with the Ford GT. In short, no, its not finished and the way its going probably will take a year more. One of the GT40 historians cast and built 7 T44's for the 6 MKIV's he's building and I bought the spare. Its new, from the case, gears and all, but very pricey. I traded some parts he needed for another project and did a little better than most. The CAV would have a 427 SOHC but Kinnetics said it wouldn't fit, Wayne

Tracy (taz) did the paint, he's very good and very reasonable, at least to me because he's a friend. Doesn't finish when he promises. His phone is 407 230 8342. I'm leaving for the FE Nats in Pensacola Friday, will try to get with you next week, Wayne

Pat

Supporter
Thanks Wayne. I've connected with Taz and we'll get together on the stripes. He mentioned there was another Orlando CAV with a bad right fuel cell. Any idea who that was? Given I've installed and removed the thing 6 times, I may be able to share some do's and don'ts. I have it down to 2 hours and 3 beers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Talk to you soon.

Back